Oracle Delphi Mk III suspension gauge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's difficult to compare turntables. My guess is that your Delphi just set up properly without renewed parts or Nanook's upgrades will sound better than the Thorens. I put together my Oracle from two abused Delphis using the better parts from each to make one that was good-looking. The platform on the mark II is machined of one piece of aluminum but I used the mark I because it's made of five thin pieces laminated together. It doesn't ring like the solid piece does. A man once told me he preferred the mark I because it had an o-ring instead of the later flat belt, but I suspect the laminated plinth influenced the sound more. My entire system is balanced from cartridge to amp. An acquaintance who has a multi thousand dollar system with a Linn turntable was comfortable listening to my turntable with its humble OC-9 cartridge. Everyone prefers it to my CD player, a Theta Miles, but since I began using the Lightspeed attenuator their opinions may change because CD sounds great. All I can say is that for a modest investment the Oracle got me to a level of enjoying music without wanting to spend more money on upgrades or something better.
-Terry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.