Any inputs on the low output Grado's? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th December 2009, 10:57 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Any inputs on the low output Grado's?

Just curious. I was interested in any impressions folks might have with respect to sonics and compatibility with my Sumiko MMT arm.
Old 19th December 2009, 12:06 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I was definitely not impressed by the grado statement sonata on my RB300. I'd actually consider it a step down from the grado black. I had the cartridge for a 24 hour demo and I've since read that the wood body grado's can be 'alignment challenged'. YMMV.
Old 19th December 2009, 12:40 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks for that, I think my local guy will let me try several and pay for what I end up with, as it should be I guess.
Old 19th December 2009, 12:57 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Interesting - I'm currently running a Grado Gold. Though I'm probably not getting the most out of the cartride my my current TT and tone arm, I've wondered what the next logical step up could be.
Old 19th December 2009, 04:20 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
Just curious. I was interested in any impressions folks might have with respect to sonics and compatibility with my Sumiko MMT arm.
You shouldn't have any issues, at least not mounting anyway. I have basically the same arm (Jelco SA-370H) with a variety of MC's. Using a Denon DL-103R at present. Never tried a wood bodied Grado thou.

You are in a unique position being able to try a few different cartridges before buying. Should be fun.

Jeff

Hide this!Advertise here!