Lid Hinges for Linn (LP-12) Thorens and Sony Turntables - repair?? orig. brand wanted

There's no name on them or any logo and they fit straight onto my Linn with no modification just like the standard Linn hinge. I can't remember which model of NAD turntable I took them off but I'll try and find out.
The hinges in the last picture you show seems to be the right ones.
Interesting hints. I assume, the manufacturer of both hinge versions must actually be the same. Perhaps you call NAD and ask there (for calling by telephone my english is too bad). Linn ltd. will not tell us this name, because the LP-12 is still in currently production and not obsolete.
Thank you very much for your efforts.

I "repaired" mine a few years ago. Guess this will laster longer than originally.

Note that the spring has cracked off the entire backside. In fact I made the two holes using the nail itself as a drill. So it fits perfectly with no tendency to slip out. And no way the spring will ever work through the nail as it did with the plastic. :)

Attachments

• linn_hinge.JPG
    linn_hinge.JPG
    558.7 KB · Views: 350
I "repaired" mine a few years ago.

Nice repair GeorgK. Back in 2007 I repaired a pair of Linn hinges. I had some used, dull 3/32" drill bits I cut the shanks (the smooth part) off of. I had some old black 3.5" floppy disks I cut up and glued to the hinge to cover the broken area.

Linn Sondek Dust Cover Hinge Repair

Attachments

• hinge_2.jpg
    hinge_2.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 300
  • hinge_3.jpg
    hinge_3.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 270
Simple Fix

My Sony turntable (PS-LX3) has the same hinges. I discovered a fairly simple fix for you do-it-yourselfers. Drill a hole on each side of the plastic portion just above the pin and insert an additional pin that retains the spring.

8913251046_c39443b8d8.jpg

Photos at Sony Hinge Fix - a set on Flickr

(Ignore the hole I drilled in the center of the hinge, that was a fix that was unsuccessful)

There is more information on the problem at the following URLs:

Those bl**dy Hinges!

Dear god - you don't need hinges, mate!

The lid should be off when you are playing records. If you are worried about the lid (when it is on the plinth) being jolted by a careless hand and impacting the arm ... then get someone to cut a 2mm deep rebate all around the outside of the top surface of your plinth, so that the lid cannot move.

I have had my lid resting on my LP12 plinth (with no hinges anchoring the lid in place) for at least a decade and have never experienced any problems. However, in my new 'SkeletaLinn' (which I have just completed building, so I could use a 12" UP on a Linn-based TT), I have had such a rebate made on my Perspex TT base. :)

Regards,

Andy

My Sony turntable (PS-LX3) has the same hinges. I discovered a fairly simple fix for you do-it-yourselfers. Drill a hole on each side of the plastic portion just above the pin and insert an additional pin that retains the spring.

Photos at Sony Hinge Fix - a set on Flickr

(Ignore the hole I drilled in the center of the hinge, that was a fix that was unsuccessful)

There is more information on the problem at the following URLs:

Those bl**dy Hinges!

good approach. URLs are dead - go to
Linn wasn't archived by webarchive.org unfortunately. But maybe to find on another similar portal (thanks for an advice).
an additional picture series:
TIP:Turntable Dustcover Hinge repair for Linn NAD Logic TEAC- Vinyl Engine
Same dustcover hinges was used also at follow record players/turntables:
AKAI AP307, Linn Axis, Logic DM101, NAD 5020, TEAC PX-300, TEAC PX-500. Sony PS-350, DUAL CS 130 + 505 and probably many more
https://www.dual-board.de/index.php?thread/68885-tip-scharnier-reparatur-cs130-505-1-mit-holzzarge/

Attachments

• 8913251046_c39443b8d8.jpg
    8913251046_c39443b8d8.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 05AllesVerkleistertDSC03972.jpg
    05AllesVerkleistertDSC03972.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 04KontrolleDSC03970.jpg
    04KontrolleDSC03970.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 03MitQuerstiftAusStahlDSC03969.jpg
    03MitQuerstiftAusStahlDSC03969.jpg