Lid Hinges for Linn (LP-12) Thorens and Sony Turntables - repair?? orig. brand wanted

I want to know the brand name of the manufacturer of bad quality springed lid hinges (dust cover hinges) for Linn record player (turntable, e. g. LP12)
Type: 2F-037/H (2-F-037-H)
identical to Sony part, number "4-852-704-11" (appropriate for the turntable models PS-T3, PS-T33, PSX-45 and PSX-55S)
and Thorens TD320, TD318, TD147.

I need this brand name for catalog ordering to find out robuster springed version in top quality but in the same sizes.

Here some images of the worse original versions:
http://www.melodia.co.jp/linn/file/2F-037-H.jpg
http://www.russandrews.com/images/products/7504l.jpg

and a explicit repair instruction of a Linn Sondek dust cover hinge repair
Linn Sondek Dust Cover Hinge Repair - Club Polk
Linn LP 12 Dustcover Hinges - SH Forums

To know the name and address of this hinge brand would be very interested (also for guys, who intend to create their own high end record player). Perhaps the brand of the Linn orig. Part 2F37H offers a wide range of such dust cover hinges from cheap to expensive respective from low quality to top quality. Because the hinge version from Linn Sondek was used from much other companies, the manufacturer must be a good known brand name.

Thank you very much for your advives.

Last edited:
Get smart, REMOVE the hinges. TAKE the entire cover off when playing a record. That is what I do.
This I still do. But not all customers accept this solution, if there are hinges like attached jpg file.
Those are very common and found on a wide range of popular Japanese tables.
Yes (see post #1), and this leads me to believe, that it must be easy to find out, where Linn (and formerly also Sony), order these parts.

Attachments

• Linn LP12 hinges destroyed 1.jpg
    Linn LP12 hinges destroyed 1.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Can you buy replacement hinges through a dealer in replacement parts?

I suspect those hinges would have been made by a small factory in Japan or China that sells directly to manufacturers. If so, you wouldn't be able to buy without meeting a minimum order requirement, which could be hundreds or thousands of hinges. And international payment and shipping and broker fees may be costly. Or not, if it's some guy in Hong Kong or Akiba that takes Paypal and ships by mail.

For what it's worth, the hinges on my ancient Technics 1200's look sturdy (all metal), and wouldn't be that difficult to bolt onto a DIY turntable.

Can you buy replacement hinges through a dealer in replacement parts?
I suspect those hinges would have been made by a small factory in Japan or China that sells directly to manufacturers. If so, you wouldn't be able to buy without meeting a minimum order requirement, which could be hundreds or thousands of hinges. And international payment and shipping and broker fees may be costly. Or not, if it's some guy in Hong Kong or Akiba that takes Paypal and ships by mail.
For what it's worth, the hinges on my ancient Technics 1200's look sturdy (all metal), and wouldn't be that difficult to bolt onto a DIY turntable.
I get the hinges as replacement part very easy - there are a lot of suppliers here in Germany.
As mentioned in my post #1 (sorry for my bad to understand english) I need the associated brand name for catalog ordering by this manufacturer to find out a robuster springed version in top quality but in the same sizes. If I have done this, I will order an amount of 10.000 pcs.

These are the hinges you need. They're all metal and very robust. They came from an old NAD turntable.
Such things I want to have as replacement. Can I use it without additional necessary adjustments?
Are there anywhere a logo or brand name?

Attachments

• nad5120iv4.jpg
    nad5120iv4.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 208
  • NAD5120s0043musite.jpg
    NAD5120s0043musite.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 215
  • NAD_5120_bk_600x440_pixels.gif
    NAD_5120_bk_600x440_pixels.gif
    128.7 KB · Views: 108