l pacific optime -> Transistor alternatives for the BC239?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

after a succesful build of my Pass F5 Monos and nearly finished enclosures, i am ready for my next project. the pacific optime (see attached schematics) + JBOZ. 100 2sk170Bl are on their way to me and i am in the part sourcing phase for the rest of the parts.

The NPNs suggested in the schematics suggested are BC239 but i have a hard time finding them and there are several types of BC239, can they be substituted with BC550 or can you reconmend me other transistors that will work in this circuit?

I plan using a CRC or maybe even CRCRC filtered battery 12V / 36V powersupply for the Phono and JBOZ as suggested in the original "simple jfet phono" thread, wired p2p on circbord, since the circuit isnt that complex ;) and it allows easier swapping of the riaa network since i think about trying different caps and maybe the riaa from papas pearl.

has anyone experience with this circuit? Please dont suggest other circuits, i am pretty sure after browsing the forums and looking at several phono stages, tube, opamp, discrete that this should make a nice second project.

Thanks for your help in advance
Simon

Attachments

• lpacificoptime.gif
    lpacificoptime.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 158
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.