MPP

Thanks JG,
Now where did I place that container with 'spare time' :)

Attachments

• b-copy.jpg
    b-copy.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
I have the second channel of the line stage version running so i can listen in Stereo.
It is too early to tell how it sounds because i had made changes to my system since last time.
I have put back my Lyra Atlas after some experiments with vintage cartridges like a Technics EPC-310 and a rebuild Accuphase AC2.
First the sound was a litlle dark. I found that the VTA was wrong, the arm was too low in the back. After adjusting all sounded very familiar.
This stage is certainly transparent enough to show VTA differences easy.
I am also learning to do the various adjustments like source degeneration of the output MosFets and trimming the CCS´s.
An interesting feature of this curcuit is that you can make second harmonic dominant or trimming for lowest THD where second and third are aprox. of the same level but in total lower then the second harmonic trim.
I decided on the second harmonic dominant bit i will maybe also try the minimum THD trim.

The session tonight has shown that the new Buffer-Linestage is more transparent then my
standart " tin can " linestage.
First i had thought the new thing sounded somewhat lighter.
That has changed after some hours of use.
It is now extremely clear and transparent but also drives the deep bass along, no problem.
To fully apreaciate the new transparency i switched from my 2 x 30W KT120 tube monoblocks to the ultra clean Mace poweramp.
The sound i get from my setup now is super open, dynamic and three dimensinal but without fatigue.
The system comprises the Forsell Air Refference CD player, the new buff-line, the Mace amp and prototype speakers with active subwoofer and ribbon tweeter.
It´s good that progress is still possible.

Attachments

• Session tonight Forsell.jpg
    Session tonight Forsell.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 339
  • Session tonight linestage.jpg
    Session tonight linestage.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 329
  • Session tonight Mace Amp.jpg
    Session tonight Mace Amp.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 278
  • Session tonight speakers.jpg
    Session tonight speakers.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 277
I think this is really cool:

OM/ONE: The world's first levitating bluetooth speaker | Mail Online

The levitation base can double as a magnetic battery charger. It would be neat to design a tweeter amp for one of these. I suppose you would want an extremely efficient amplifier to maximize battery life. Then again, if you cut out the bass notes it can't reproduce and use an efficient transducer, it will probably require much less power.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The session tonight has shown that the new Buffer-Linestage is more transparent then my
standart " tin can " linestage.
First i had thought the new thing sounded somewhat lighter.
That has changed after some hours of use.
It is now extremely clear and transparent but also drives the deep bass along, no problem.
To fully apreaciate the new transparency i switched from my 2 x 30W KT120 tube monoblocks to the ultra clean Mace poweramp.
The sound i get from my setup now is super open, dynamic and three dimensinal but without fatigue.
The system comprises the Forsell Air Refference CD player, the new buff-line, the Mace amp and prototype speakers with active subwoofer and ribbon tweeter.
It´s good that progress is still possible.

What schematic are you referring to ?