MPP

At time you seems to confuse the actual act with fantasy

I hope so.

Ageless design and sound, don't blame my usual fetishes. :worship:

(You're that African gentleman who'll send me his youngest sister with a suitcase of cash over, right ? After I transfer funds for the administration costs. And you did say I get to keep the girl, in exchange for holding on to the suitcase for you ?)

Over a "perfect" RIAA, say plus-minus 0.1dB from 10Hz to 100kHz you here basically the flaws of the cutting engine plus what is on the master tape.
There have being attempts to compensate the cutting lace, namely the " Neumann Pole ".
That is a first order rolloff of 3.3usec to protect the cutting head to overheat.
Unfortunately most heads are protected by a second order butterworth filter with -3dB at 50kHz so implementing the 3.3usec pole even worsens the problem.
I did a cutting head compensator with coils published on this thread some years ago that should extend response to over 100kHz but did get zero recognition, and so it goes.
People prefer to talk about the enormous differences between passive parts.
I can understand that, they know nothing about engineering so they grind their teeth on tertiary problems.

I hope so.

Ageless design and sound, don't blame my usual fetishes. :worship:

(You're that African gentleman who'll send me his youngest sister with a suitcase of cash over, right ? After I transfer funds for the administration costs. And you did say I get to keep the girl, in exchange for holding on to the suitcase for you ?)

No me waiting and waiting for youngest sister as well was told that she was on banana ship direct to UK

They changed plan obviously and now that she is stopping there first me do not want her any more
She won't be good for much after I am sure...

Over a "perfect" RI AA, say plus-minus 0.1dB from 10Hz to 100kHz you here basically the flaws of the cutting engine plus what is on the master tape.
There have being attempts to compensate the cutting lace, namely the " Neumann Pole ".
That is a first order rolloff of 3.3usec to protect the cutting head to overheat.
Unfortunately most heads are protected by a second order butterworth filter with -3dB at 50kHz so implementing the 3.3usec pole even worsens the problem.
I did a cutting head compensator with coils published on this thread some years ago that should extend response to over 100kHz but did get zero recognition, and so it goes.
People prefer to talk about the enormous differences between passive parts.
I can understand that, they know nothing about engineering so they grind their teeth on tertiary problems.

Ha Neumann pole again
That was never a standard as Mr Neuman did have a few different versions on different lattes
so there could be an unspecified amount of difference depending on the late used.

What better to post the link here same time things happens on Mondays

Just for fun i put back in my tube phono after some modifications.
I had a 6dB subsonic filter in the input and took that away.
I added a second output to drive my current system that has an active cardiod bass.
The tube phono has enough gain to drive the system without preamp and i added a 1:16
Lundahl amorphous core transformer.
The sound i got is pretty amazing. Before the modification the tube phono sounded a bit warm, nice but not very punchy. Now it is quite the opposite, extremely open and dynamic. On par with my best transistor stages.
The combination of transformers and tubes rooks,

Attachments

• tube phono inside.jpg
    tube phono inside.jpg
    772.8 KB · Views: 305
  • complete tube system.jpg
    complete tube system.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 293
  • loud today.jpg
    loud today.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 289
Last edited: