MPP

Here is the Curtis Mc head and the recommendation to select the BC160 for noise.

Attachments

• Stan Curtis ETI MC Head.jpg
    Stan Curtis ETI MC Head.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 266
  • Stan Curtis MC head transistors.jpg
    Stan Curtis MC head transistors.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 256
I think a tot of people, even today, like bandwidth limiting.
Some time ago i had a visitor, a guy maybe 20 years younger then me, working in real estate.
I sat him in the sweet spot of my system and played at what i would call medium volume.
After a short time he requested that i reduce the volume much and after some minutes more he remarked he had " enough". I call that " information overflow ".
It needs some experience to appreciate high end sound and some or even most will never get it.

Is it possible to raise resolution in the 0-2V region for the Vce/Ic graphs to show quasi-saturation? This is an area where the BC5xx, BC3xx and SA1015 excel, and where almost all transistors with Vcemax>50V fail. It is important for current mirrors where Vce can be very low. The most important points are at Vcb=0V and Vcb=.6V.

Quasi-saturation modeling is not present in the vast majority of BJT models and presents a large barrier to reproducing in real life the quality of simulated circuits.

Attachments

• Manson Dual PSU Controller Schema.PNG
    Manson Dual PSU Controller Schema.PNG
    97.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Manson Dual PSU Controller Build.jpg
    Manson Dual PSU Controller Build.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Manson Dual PSU Controller Front.jpg
    Manson Dual PSU Controller Front.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
About 3 weeks ago I got me a few new lab supply's to test amplifiers, both 60V 8A. For this I needed to build a controller, to be able to control both (at the same time :)). So here it is (if you wanted to know, otherwise please ignore my post).

He, he, nice. Although they should have been self equipped already. Show it at Dave Jones's.