MPP

Quick update.
I tried to breadboard the circuit wi the cascaded current source made of IRF9610.
I didn't seem to get the right gain either.
Offset was pretty steady however if gain is not what it is supposed to be test is invalid.
Noise wise didn't seem to respect the simulation either.

This is my findings so far.

Unfortunately I won't be able to work on this on the next days as I will be busy trying to get a new line stage up and running.
I will follow this thread anyways and give my hand for simulation and eventual prototyping once I am done with this other project.

stefanoo....

Still No schematic.. I think we quite a few that would like to know how you managed grain/offset with the DC coupled Paradise. And still maintained the original values in the RIAA circuit..?

It took a lot of work both simulation and bench work to get servo working and circuit to output proper gain and keep low distortion and manage proper power dissipation.
I am still not sure I want to share that, this is the only reason why I haven't sent it yet.

If you Don't. Then you have No place in this forum...Or at least that is my humble opinion. Here we share and work together.. That's how things are created And your lurking on others work for your own gain is NOT a good way to make this a good place to be..

However I do think there's other reasons for your reluctance to share...

Dude you are wrong.
You don't share everything with me. Joachim doesn't share everything with everybody which is ok.
I shared more things in these last few months than you probably ever did, so I think your comment is completely out of context.
I was slammed and highly critized by many users here including you for my ideas regarding RIAA elcap and other aspects of the design and now I don't feel like sharing something it wasn't appreciated in the first place and that I was insulted of being incompetent for!!

I am giving my contribute and support here and it is not fair of you to accuse me of lurking!

So just drop it!!

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Agree with Miib

As an occasional poster and mostly a lurker on this and other threads, I have to agree with Miib on this one.

Stefano - my impression is that you write a lot and claim great results but when asked to share your findings so that others can replicate them, you are surprisingly silent. I have seen this behavior on more than one thread.
You take any feedback as an insult. People aren't criticizing you as a person. They are pointing out that some of your behavior is not following the spirit of Diyaudio.

I hope that you can take the feedback to heart and start truly contributing.

All the best.
---Gary

Ok I am kind of disappointed that I am told that I am not contributing and that I am silent when it comes to share ideas.
Why don't you check my thread masterpiece?
Was I obligated to share that design? No. Did I do it? Yes.

I could have been silent and not saying anything about the elcap or riaa values.
It took good work and lot of efforts but I was the first one to share my findings and I have been ignored.
I have only received one thank for that work that actually someone have tried it and realized that it was the best solution.
Here people are more prone to criticize than actually doing some work.
So before pulling something like this out I would run an auto exam for what the individual have been doing for this community and I am not referring in particular but to anybody.
Also I gave the input that cutting off the elcap will lead to a better sound.
It is a choice of people here to do their home works and try for their own.
I have been told several time many years ago that I had to do my home work and although I took it bad at first I realied that they were right in saying those things.
Anyhow that advice is valid for everybody here.
I gave my contribute by suggesting that certain things can be done and could possibly lead to a better result.
Appreciate and take what other want to share with you instead of demanding for things.
I hope this clears things out.

Last edited:
I am speechless what happens here.
Please do not use this thread for bashing people.
Ans this is for everyone, not only Stefano.
Stefano, you say that i am not telling everything to everybody.
That is true and also my own words.
In over 3 years and over 8000 posts i am hiding the following :
Circuit diagram of my tube phono. Not published because of lethal voltage and no time on my side for support.
Circuit diagram of the Primal Scream. Under NDA.
Circuit diagram of the Opus Magnum. Under NDA.
I have published most of the details though so when you have read the complete thread you are more or less able to build any phono stage you want.

And i do not do spoon feeding to peoble that claim that they are my superior.

I hope you are not referring to me here as I have not claimed to be superior to you nor to others nor when you were saying about bashing others because if there was someone bashed here that was me and I am not going to but,I could collect all the bashing I got in these last months and it would take an entire thread just for that.

Let's drop this argumentative manner and let's focus on the design we were attempting.
So far I have built it and post my findings. I hope other users here will do the same and that we can develop together a new interesting design.

Stefanoo.. .. what I object to is the simple fact that you tell us that the Paradise is somehow a mediocre design that can be bettered if you do this or that. Now you tell us there's a way to maintain the gain and at the same time take the El-caps out of the loop.. And this should be way superior. Now there's 250 people out there, that has invested money in the paradise design believing that it's one of the best circuits available for DIY.
You claim to have bettered that, by doing some modifications.. I for one would really like to see what you have done... This is not in anyway bashing, but merely asking you(in respect of DIY audio) to share your findings, and not just state your observations, but to really share the paradise circuit alterations, so others too can have the chance of getting an even better performance.