MPP

Picture this:

100 Years ago: We did live in an analog world; all mechanical apparatuses are analog in and analog out using analog controls.

Current times: We live in an analog/digital world we use AD-converters then process digital and after that we used DA-converters.

10 Years from now (as Apple and Microsoft will tell you): We live in a digital world; the AD- and DA-converters are gone.

20 Years from now (as this NASA-thing picks up): Were back at 100 years ago.
So where are we going from here :)

But still: the analog stuff is winning(in the end) and that can not be bad :)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
really cool sentence ! :D
...on developing a neurosynaptic core for a scalable neuromorphic architecture capable of emulating spiking neural networks

Remenber the computer in kubrik film 2001 ?

We are getting there.... emulating thought... this is really dangerous... even worst than our efforts handling atomic energy.

Hope these Nasa guys read Asimov

The laws of robotic should always be implemented.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here is the conceptual schematic of the Transimpedance Simplistic, TS in short.
The input is a high Gm transconductance stage with 160mS. This works on a low noise BJT cascode current source.
I will show you the values of the RIAA later today. With that values gain is around 66dB so there could be a volume control in the RIAA and a sensitive amp could be direct fed without a line stage.
The output buffer is from the Paradise. If we use a plus-minus supply on the buffer it could be DC coupled at the output but i think that is too much trouble for too little gain. I think a good cap at the output is just fine.

Need more imput to be able to fully understand the concept.

Like the low impedance riaa :)

What should be the output impedance of amplifying first stage ?

Or One could run a simulation to see... what the output impedance is... bet it's swamped with all kinds of capacitive parasitics.
The CCS could also be made with Depletion mosfets...
I think some research has been made on the BF862 jfet regarding performance and current. I think I remember something about that it in contradiction to the SK170 does not need high(ish) current to sound good..2-3 mA should be sufficient. (pls correct me if I remember wrong)

here is transconductance visa idle of BF862
i think 12.5mA is optimal hence the 10 Ohm degeneration

Attachments

• bf862 gm.png
    bf862 gm.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 243