MPP

The transformers are delayed until december, sorry.
I will use Block transformers for the prototype so that i can cary on.
Later the Hammonds can be fitted and i will listen if they make any difference.
Your Block transformers are of the same construction (low profile PCB balanced windings and low radiation) like Hammond you have ordered , perhaps even better with epoxy encapsulation and higher isolation between primary and secondary than Hammond. Many manufacturers produce similar transformers, and I think that they are better than R-core types for audio.
I use low profile PCB transformers made by company ANG in Bulgaria.

I like the blocks a lot and use them all the time. I just thought there was some appetite for something more "exotic". I do not think that the Paradise R3 reacts on the transformer choice much anyway. And then we have the 1H coils. That is a huge size for a low level transistor amps. I know on the other hand that " a good feeling" can have an effect on perceived sound quality. Another " strong placebo effect".
I will nevertheless make some measurements how much quality i get with minimum outlay.

pdul, i have measured some of your trannies and they are around 550 so our measurements are consistent. I have now a lot of good pairs. One was faulty so i can only repeat : measure each end every transistor and do not swap NPN and PNP. It happened to me and i have a lot of experience. I will also finish to select the PNP´s for you today.
I already have 50 good ones.

Here are 50 of the PNP. They have Hfe between 530-570.

Attachments

• pnp.jpg
    pnp.jpg
    761 KB · Views: 304