MPP

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Have anyone here actually tried the paradise with a standard psu setup, bridge and a pair of capacitors, and no chokes at all? Just for reference:)

Indeed I did :)

The Paradise shunts are really good and work wonderfully with a bridge followed by one cap.

I am using a Nichicon 15000uF Gold Tune ("Tuned" in Malasia) and even with this low cost setup it sounds wonderfull.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I do believe there is no need to build a very complex prereg for the Paradise... It,s shunt CCS has a very good PSRR allready.

I only use a small resistor between the rectifier bridge and smoothing cap if I need to reduce raw DC voltage a bit... like this: RC Ripple Filter Calculator

In my actual build I chose the correct TX voltage so I do not need any Vdrop... so, no resistor.

Anyway, I also found that if we use a really good smoothing cap (Jensen or Mundorf 4 pole), we should not place anything between this cap and the Paradise so we can benefit from it´s "benefic" sound signature... That,s how I cook :)

Off course if one really wants to get the most out of this Paradise one can choose to build a heavy filtering prereg with loads of coils and caps, but it costs and it is not so simple to design correctly.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Perfect. Meaning that it can work well without 200kg of extra iron and copper in the cabinet:D

Off course you can put the prereg inside the cabinet, but it works much better with an external psu.

Something like this:

Attachments

• DSC_3531 WEB.jpg
    DSC_3531 WEB.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
As I am a not so advanced in electronics, I was wondering, if I could use this as a PSU - found that on DDDAC.DE / other projects/TUMOS
It uses simple ferrite coils for loudspeakers and delivers round +/- 30 volts DC when using a 21 Volts transformer

cheers Michael

Attachments

• PSU-board.gif
    PSU-board.gif
    7 KB · Views: 278