MPP

With the shunts after all this, how audible is a Lundahl Choke going to be vs others. Why use a very high quality Lundahl and then use UF4004 over a SiC schottky? I understand and believe in quality parts, but have found that simpler circuits tend to show these advantages over more intense cirxuits such as this one. hOw do you make these decisions? Listening experience.

RC Ripple Filter Calculator

I made the Magnum Opus Preregulator for a customer that wanted exactly that including specific parts. Many non technical enthusiasts have very specific ideas about what brand and what components they want. I call that the strong placebo effect and it is not negotiable. Because i always keep one of the designs i make for my own reference i got into ownership of one. It works, it´s stable, it´s beautiful and convenient. When you read my notes i do not claim special sound. I simply did not try anything else on the Paradise.

Finding suitable inductors isn't too much of a problem.
For example: 19R226C Murata Power Solutions | Mouser
22mH, 150mA, 22 Ohms, about 2US$ each.
Would give a voltage drop of about two and a half volts. You can build CLCLCLC filter or whatsoever with this.

Not here ....

Screen shot 2012-09-03 at 11.17.30 PM.png

Had another thought on this common mode choke thing and talked to a good friend of mine, someone who knows a lot more about chokes than me.

To put it short: Forget it. You can't use common mode chokes in the DC section of the PSU (aka behind the rectifier).

The reason for this is simple: common mode chokes are for filtering common mode components. The ripple currents on the plus and the minus lines of a PSU aren't common mode - they are just the opposite (given an identical load in both lines). So you might have the brillant idea to reverse one of the coils to have common mode ripple.
The problem is: if you do so, you also reverse one of the DC currents through the core. So both DC components won't compensate any more, they will add up.
Which leads to massive saturation of that tiny core. Result: Your inductance is gone. Your common mode choke won't do any harm, but it won't have any effect on the signal at all.

Forget about common mode chokes, use seperate chokes for each of the two power lines.

Tanks Just what I need and briliant simple explanation.

I now see the error of my way so cancell common mode coke after rectifiers

Studiostevos you are not shoving common mode cokes on simulation are you?