MPP

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Almost finished stuffing the second board :) Just waiting for some micas for the power transistors.

Now I am in trouble with the riaa caps... my sourcing went wrong and bought amtrans caps from hificollective... too much variation... need to use big caps I have in stock (REL-CAP 15n) so I will use an external riaa after all.

To connect the external riaa, is it sufficient to connect it to the indicated place in the board or do I need to do some shunts ?

One small update, the power supply has been fixed. And the LME49710's have been checked. To my amazement thy survived (running on +15 and -25 volts). So the big disasters is in fact not so big at all :)

Next I have to replace the vas-transistors and figure why I could not set bias (I di suspect one of the driver mosfets). I'l b' b'ck :drink:

Another update, it's a amplifier, the bias can be set, the gain is as expected, and (while using the 100 Watt lamp in the power supply) it can (and did) kill a 250 mW 10 Ohm resistor that posed as a loudspeaker :)

Tomorrow more testing with the lamp in place, and maybe a few watts of music (you see I am getting very careful (maybe a bit to :scratch:)).

This is all going on very slow due to work being very demanding at the moment, but I am getting there.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Almost finished stuffing the second board :) Just waiting for some micas for the power transistors.

Now I am in trouble with the riaa caps... my sourcing went wrong and bought amtrans caps from hificollective... too much variation... need to use big caps I have in stock (REL-CAP 15n) so I will use an external riaa after all.

To connect the external riaa, is it sufficient to connect it to the indicated place in the board or do I need to do some shunts ?

Hi, you can just connect to the place indicated on the board. Important: NO external ground connection, please just connect there and nowhere else. You may want to shield the circuit (depending on how far away you place it) and return the shield to the input ground of the amplifier.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi, you can just connect to the place indicated on the board. Important: NO external ground connection, please just connect there and nowhere else. You may want to shield the circuit (depending on how far away you place it) and return the shield to the input ground of the amplifier.
Thank you

It will be a small board just over the existing space.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Thank you

It will be a small board just over the existing space.

That should work like a charm - don't know why but I was envisioning something like this:

Attachments

• drehkondensator.jpg
    drehkondensator.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 287