MPP

You have to read what Dick Burween is saying in Linear Audio 3 about the sound of tweaks. Even if you move a CD case by 5cm you change the quantum state of your room.
Maybe some treble gets reflected from the CD case in a different way then before so the sound changes, even when the tweak does nothing physical besides that you have shifted some material.

So interesting! This also tells me that if we are cabable of hearing something so little, I can't imagine the caps of the RIAA on the Paradise being so insentive to changes..... :drink: :drink: :eek:

:p:D:D;):cool:

I get the best sound from Planeta wine.

I can see why :) "The Planeta La Segreta Bianco has a wonderful bouquet of fruit flavors paired as litchi, pineapple, orange and peach with delicate notes of herbs and wild mint. This white wine from Sicily , Planeta La Segreta Bianco is a rich appetisers with a nice acid balance, mineral notes and a fresh Minznote"

I can even hear differences just by changing wires inside my builds.

I am glad you can also hear differences.

I just brought that up to everybody to make people reflect on the fact that although certain things seem to be obviously non-influent on the sonic performance such as cables, power wiring, and other things, at the end of the day, the ear will be able to detect it.
If this is true, how much true must be the effect of the capacitor on the RIAA circuit.
I understand that the principle is very paricular and works back-wards but I can't imagine not being able to hear the difference between two different capacitors of two different quality level.

I will probably be proven wrong until then...let's just wait and :drink: (WATERRRR!!!....LOTS OF IT!!!) :D :D :cool:

dumb question:

why the BC BJT series was chosen? For low cost and good performance and widely available?

No-cost object, what would be the best BJT?
I usually use ksa992/ksc1845 which are cheap as well, good performer and replacement for the former Toshiba.

Would those be better, worse or equal replacement for the one chosen here?

Come on.... It is a passive filter.. off course differences in caps will be clearly audible... anyway, some prefer teflon on copper, others styrenes on tin foil...

maybe you missed the point that MiiB made, which is actually a very good point.

Anyway, I won't get tired of repeating it, nothing beats the Teflon/Copper V-CAPs CuTFT (I have no monetary interest with this just to clarify!).

Joined 2006
Paid Member
maybe you missed the point that MiiB made, which is actually a very good point.

Anyway, I won't get tired of repeating it, nothing beats the Teflon/Copper V-CAPs CuTFT (I have no monetary interest with this just to clarify!).
I believe what Miib said is that this design works "in reverse"... the lower the signal the lower the distortion also the higher the freq, the lower the distortion.. It is a current modulated principle.

Differences in caps will be heard, but in what way ?

And I agree with JG... who knows the magic solution ?

It will take time and experimenting to find the ideal solution.

I do believe those vcaps should sound awesome.. others say duellunds are the best solution... it all depends on the implementation.

Some years ago I replaced some connecting wires inside my Meridian 101 with silver wire.. sound became faster but lost all the poise... after returning to the plain mogami, I found nirvana again.

All parts are important in the chain... it´s all about cooking I guess.