MPP

I came this far today.

Attachments

• Paradise 2 1.jpg
    Paradise 2 1.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 334
Joined 2005
Paid Member
great that your caps have matching colours with the LEDs ;-)
have you checked the polarity of the LEDs especially the three at the "north" end? one of them is the other way around... this will be fixed.....

just got a bunch of good matches between BC327-25 and BC337-40 !?!?!?!??? the PNPs appear to be stronger generally, don't know why......

Tanks for the link She mentioned some and was going to look up.
Stephen lost his bet then...

Any way unless I find way to play with Higgs Field (meybe I skip that till next week )I will have to carry box with bits and pieces in loft and get started :D

Unexperienced beta builder stuffing boards 101

Resistors first and then bits and bobs with same height

And drawing and boom and sharph pencill to tick things off.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Incredible....."It is thought to give all other particles their mass, and some have dubbed it the God particle because of its importance, to the annoyance of scientists."
"Peter Higgs, of the University of Edinburgh, who predicted the existence of the Higgs boson in 1964"

Joined 2006
Paid Member
After moving to a new house, I got married so things are running quite slowly here.

Anyway, I managed to fire the initial paradise yesterday and it works with great stability. (Thank you Alfred)

I do not have my alternative TT with the inexpensive denon cart prepared yet so I was inclined to test the rig with my Benz cart on my primary TT but I did not do it because I am measuring 6mv offset at the input with 2kohm load.... reducing this value to 16ohm makes the offset null but my cart likes 2k so I really would like some input here.

Congratulations Ricardo

Any way while I am doing stuffing boards 101

Clean up the wires sticking out of the resistors those IRc are bit worst than most and have same yellow like residues of varnish like especially near body ends.
So just a bit of 400 or 600 emery paper folded in half and gentle up down up down.

Ps boards solder pretty well and fell real quality like. Me personally as inexperienced would like bigger pads but I am pretty sure that by this afternoon I will get use to it so no problems

Tanks Joachim

So far so good board are prety solid no truble disoldering / swapping components.

I am going to take break now (postponed appointment with TBone from yesterday)

Big question:

What is the right (calculated) value for the RIAA resistors?
I know board is marked 18K2 and 147K