MPP

Are we now into trade secrets ? I do not know. Virtually everything is on line anyway.
what was a secret 10 years ago is now an open secret. The only limit is what to chose.
So many opinions and so little prove. The best sounding resistor is the Dale RN65E. The only resistor that simon7000 found that produces only 2nd harmonic. Why ? It is big in size ( distortion in resistors comes from energy transferred into heat, that is obvious, win the nobel price if you find out the correct mechanism, you have my blessing ), has a low tempco and low excess noise. It is a 0.5W milspec but it looks more like a 2 W, so it is huge, spoiling the layout. Other then that is use Yageos from Schuro or Reichelt. They are made by Vitrohm. Similar to old Röderstein or Beyschlag. When the circuit sounds poor with this resistors in position you have build a grandiose miss construction.

Again I agree with Joachim

Are we now into trade secrets ? I do not know. Virtually everything is on line anyway.
what was a secret 10 years ago is now an open secret. The only limit is what to chose.
So many opinions and so little prove. The best sounding resistor is the Dale RN65E. The only resistor that simon7000 found that produces only 2nd harmonic. Why ? It is big in size ( distortion in resistors comes from energy transferred into heat, that is obvious, win the nobel price if you find out the correct mechanism, you have my blessing ), has a low tempco and low excess noise. It is a 0.5W milspec but it looks more like a 2 W, so it is huge, spoiling the layout. Other then that is use Yageos from Schuro or Reichelt. They are made by Vitrohm. Similar to old Röderstein or Beyschlag. When the circuit sounds poor with this resistors in position you have build a grandiose miss construction.

You just forgot to mention the Vishay's . Are my favorite beside the DALE of course ;)

Audiofanatic :)

Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Looks good to me on first sight. Yes, the 10mF have to be. The AC signal is in series with it and the input stage is very low impedance so we form a high pass filter. I use a Panasonic 10.000uF-6,3V usually. I like Panasonic FM a bit better but 6800uF is the biggest value. Hesener, could you make place on the PCB for 2 x 6800uF 6,3V FM parallel in that position ?

no problem

Are RN65 non-magnetic?
I've read reports that those milspec Vishays (RN60/RN65) are non-magnetic.
I have some on order and will try them out.
For power ratings, a 1/8W milspec is usually equivalent to an 1/4W "normal" one.

If you're buying from Shuro you can try the non magnetic CMF55-143 (or something like that).

As for caps, has anyone tried Panasonic FR yet? They're supposed to be an improved version of FM.