MPP

i did not have enough space in my car to bring the big ones you heard. i had build smaller panels with a Scan Speak wideband but i had the big woofer. I setup on a stage in a very big reverberant room so volume was a bit challanged. I had mixed reactions to that setup. Some liked it very much and others had other ideas about good sound. I thought, considering the circumstances it worked ok. I think a lot of people have still trouble with a system that provides a lot of information in the upper reaches and a lot of micro detail.
I call the reaction "information overflow". Anyway, i had a lot of good comunication with people that did like the sound and that made the efford worthwile. I was also able to play the MPP Nova and the USAIOG in other people systems and there the reaction was totally positive. I think everybody needs his own refference in the end.

I've had the possibilty to listen to the Small Setup with the Scan Speak.
I was deeply impressed. Very authentic amazing sound. We had the possibility to listen, loud music, classics and pop. Hey the small critter plays
Hope that somebody of the Fricklers had made a pix that people can see this
funny and project.

With kind regards

Sam

i think the only thing i will aditionally try is an all in one go aproach with the collector resistors substituted with current sources. Other wise i think this circuit is as good as i can make it without enormous complication. A fellow DIY´r in the States is planning a PCB, so soon it will be much easier to actually build it. To get rid of the radio stations is not a problem at all. I just found it so funny what happens if you do a very wideband design at the input.
On a parallel path i am still strugling with transformers and coils. I had some comunication with Brian Sowter today and we may try to make a very wideband input transformer.
Thanks Holger for inviting me to this event. Is was like a vacation i badly needed.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Salas, i bought a Hypnotize and a Mezmerize PCB there, so i will listen to your sound soon.
You are really famous and popular with those guys.

I remember there was a German sub group buy when Tea Bag made the Hypnotize & Mezmerize GB but I haven't had any feedback. So they actually made some and they found them useful?

Here is a picture of the PCB´s. The red ones are Sym-Asym new version.

Attachments

• Salas Buffers, Sym-Asym.jpg
    Salas Buffers, Sym-Asym.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 459