Mpp - Page 9 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th November 2009, 02:06 AM   #81
diyAudio Member

i may do a version that needs some more like 100ma too has the value to be exact ?
Old 13th November 2009, 02:18 AM   #82
diyAudio Member

i can buy the hammond from digikey if mundorf can not do it it`s HUGE i had no idea but if it does the job it`s fine for me do you think they could also wind it on a ferrite bobbin ?
Old 13th November 2009, 02:21 AM   #83
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

You don't need a monster, the Hammonds are pretty small n' cheap. Show them the datasheet asking for something like the 159ZA which is about 10x7x6cm. If they raise an eyebrow, just order 2pcs 159ZA online. In phono we need the RF out. Then the CCS won't need to be elaborate cascode and rather dry sonically. You will make perfboard reg prototypes, yes?
Old 13th November 2009, 02:22 AM   #84
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
i may do a version that needs some more like 100ma too has the value to be exact ?
I will see regs they run at 300mA so their gm stays warm. You will only need to prefilter with 10.000uF-159ZA-10.000uF Epcos best, no plastic bypasses, down to 25VDC reg in +/- . Double mono. 2 preferably R-Core 100W Tx and 2 soft recovery bridges. All that in a separate box. Shunts litterally on load. No wires, or just 2-3cm thick ones. Else you should use force/sense wiring. OK will send you a symmetric of proper reg CCT.
Old 13th November 2009, 02:38 AM   #85
diyAudio Member

if you send me the artwork i can etch pcb´s but of cause i can do it also "free air" or on terminal strips anyway i am quite good with my hands if she says so
Old 13th November 2009, 02:44 AM   #86
diyAudio Chief Moderator

I do them p2p, they do better that way. They are very simple ccts, and you can squeeze parts together avoiding nH thin copper pcb lines, also having air as dielectric. Superior subjectively. Will send soon. I want those for my bedroom in return. You can surely ask the fellow German speaker guys to wrap a little present to Athens, yes?
Old 13th November 2009, 03:09 AM   #87
diyAudio Member

yes thoose are good i taked to the designer he has great knowlage .
unfortunately active speakers do not sell well in high end circles.
anyway i will come up with a present.
where should i send it ? good night, i go to bed
Old 13th November 2009, 06:06 AM   #88
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I worked a bit on the ASAP-FET.
This version has lower noise and distortion plus adjustable offset. I call it ASAP-FET-LNLD. I like it.
Does anybody know where to get some low noise P channel-Fets ?
My friend is sales manager at Toshiba and even he could not help me. Toshiba stopped to make anything the do not make money with. He told me that in quantity the could only charge a few cents in the past per piece.
I would like to build it and listen to it. I tried N- channel fets from Linear Systems and they are very good. unfortunately they make no P channel. I see so many people searching for low noise P-channel that this could be a busyness opportunity.
Joachim, Linear Systems do make a P-channel now. At Burning Amp they had samples of the N-channel LSK170, the P-channel LSJ74 and the dual N-channel LSK389.

jd
Old 13th November 2009, 07:07 AM   #89
diyAudio Member

Quote:
tonight i had an idea for two varieties of the MPP that are even simpler.
The input is not a transimpedance stage any more but that has the advantage that other cartridges with higher impedance can be used. The bipolar version has around 250 to 500 ohm impedance depending on the idle current and a 6 dB noise advantage compared to the
un-bypassed MPP. it can be as low as 0.3VqHz. The fet version is slightly noisier and has a high input impedance. noise in the fet version can be reduced by paralleling. i hope this circuits are use full because they are ultra simple and should work well :
i call them ASAP-B and ASAP-F
Yes those are what I meant. I'm typical 3rd generation immigrant with little or no original language (family was actually from Noetsch, Aus.)
Old 13th November 2009, 10:12 AM   #90
diyAudio Member

i have the n-channel and the dual here, thanks for informig me about the p-channel.
to scott : i will try out one of the circuits you meant. maybe the fet type. i just came back from austria, i was on a show in vienna. it`s beautifull. have you ever been in austria ? they have great food there and really love music. maybe you have the music gene too

Hide this!Advertise here!