Mpp - Page 821 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd January 2013, 11:28 AM   #8201
MiiB is online now MiiB  Denmark
diyAudio Member

It's impossible to fool the brain to believe you're somewhere your not.. Digital room-correction is a fine example of that.. you get so tired in your head. You spend so much energy in trying to understand the contradictions that the music looses it's drive and appeal, cause you have resources left to interpret the musical message.
Old 22nd January 2013, 12:58 PM   #8202
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiB View Post
It's impossible to fool the brain to believe you're somewhere your not.. Digital room-correction is a fine example of that.. you get so tired in your head. You spend so much energy in trying to understand the contradictions that the music looses it's drive and appeal, cause you have resources left to interpret the musical message.
I did not say I liked it, but the effect is bewildering.... It really seems you can emulate room acoustics and space digitally and pour it into your head throu headphones.
Old 22nd January 2013, 01:09 PM   #8203
diyAudio Member

I ordered this today :PEAK Atlas DCA 75 Pro Halbleiter-Tester | ELV-Elektronik
Old 22nd January 2013, 01:31 PM   #8204
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Next one to upgrade from older series after I will upgrade my scope to one like FdW's.
Old 22nd January 2013, 01:37 PM   #8205
FdW is offline FdW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I did get me a pair of these HCS 3304 - Programmable DC power supply 1-60V, 0-8A at reichelt elektronik last week, so the investment budget is gone (for now)
Old 22nd January 2013, 01:40 PM   #8206
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Are they OK for residual noise and turn on spike-less transient? Did you scope the turn on with single shot trigger to see?
Old 22nd January 2013, 01:51 PM   #8207
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
Are they OK for residual noise and turn on spike-less transient? Did you scope the turn on with single shot trigger to see?
I did not do much testing till now, will do next weekend (I think). I did use them as the raw supply to fix a Paradise PSU, and that worked fine. Also, I did some shortcut, sparking, burning and other destructive materials testing with them and they destructed many but still kept on functioning They came with individual test reports (I like that).

Last edited by FdW; 22nd January 2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 22nd January 2013, 02:02 PM   #8208
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Manson is a good SMPS HK firm regarding robustness. Do they sport an on the fly on/off over remote PC control without powering down at least? Bcs I see no such function on the panel in your link. How is the fan for noise when drawing some Amps off of them?
Old 22nd January 2013, 02:48 PM   #8209
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
Manson is a good SMPS HK firm regarding robustness. Do they sport an on the fly on/off over remote PC control without powering down at least? Bcs I see no such function on the panel in your link. How is the fan for noise when drawing some Amps off of them?
It is, as they call it, programable, but that is limited to a remote connected by wire. You can 'program' V, I and on/off by using 5Kohm pots and a switch, there is no PC interface (but I do not think that I need that). There is a schema in the manual, and the connector is included.
Old 22nd January 2013, 03:06 PM   #8210
diyAudio Chief Moderator

OK rather basic interface then, hope they will serve you well. The +/- 60V duals range extends to powerful enough audio amplifiers territory and it will be handy.

Hide this!Advertise here!