Mpp - Page 651 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2012, 08:31 AM   #6501
RCruz is online now RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
RCruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wallis
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesener View Post
It's actually quite impressive what good sound comes from Wima MKS2 caps, with this stage, so if the V-Caps better that, it should be an interesting experiment.... With all the efforts in the input stage and current mirrors and buffer, I think the Paradise will be very transparent to component changes.....
Those are really good news.... I will build severall riaa circuits to experiment with different kinds of components

I had a wonderfull experiment with Mouser and parts are arriving today ... way cool

I just downloaded the latest BOM from hesener's post on th GB thread... what is the purpose of R104b R204b resistor with X value ?
__________________
RC
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 08:37 AM   #6502
hesener is offline hesener  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCruz View Post

I just downloaded the latest BOM from hesener's post on th GB thread... what is the purpose of R104b R204b resistor with X value ?
these are just to finetune the current of the CCS in the power supply section. In most cases you will not need them, if your power resistors R104, R204 are reasonably good.

typically in shunt regulators you want to set the current at twice the load current, so that you operate well within the sweet spot of the regulator, and that is the case here. So the absolute value of the CCS current does nto really matter much.

but I will leave it to Frans (the PSU designer) to comment.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 08:39 AM   #6503
RCruz is online now RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
RCruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wallis
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanoo View Post
Ricardo,

I guarantee you that the V-Caps CuTFT are the ultimate in terms of sound quality!
Nothing can beat them in terms of precision, transparancy, 3D, musicality.

You should join us, you would be surprised with it.


Anyway....of course...I will post the final simulation for yours/ everybody's enjoyiment.
Thank you so much.... As you can see, my calculations give similar results to your simulation
Attached Images
File Type: png Paradise R3 RIAA Calc.PNG (26.5 KB, 410 views)
__________________
RC
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 09:37 AM   #6504
diyAudio Member
 
jacco vermeulen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: At the sea front, Rotterdam or Curaçao
Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanoo View Post
Nothing can beat them in terms of precision
Accuracy of all these PTFE caps is 5%, how were you going to solve that ?
__________________
The buck stops Here
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:39 AM   #6505
beetle is offline beetle  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
A while ago I recommended micas from Jahre. They also do build to order. I think 1% is no problem. Why not go for them?


http://www.jahre.de/index.php?id=61

Last edited by beetle; 2nd August 2012 at 10:54 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:57 AM   #6506
FdW is offline FdW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
FdW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Both feet on the ground (near Gouda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCruz View Post
Those are really good news.... I will build severall riaa circuits to experiment with different kinds of components

I had a wonderfull experiment with Mouser and parts are arriving today ... way cool

I just downloaded the latest BOM from hesener's post on th GB thread... what is the purpose of R104b R204b resistor with X value ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCruz View Post
Those are really good news.... I will build severall riaa circuits to experiment with different kinds of components

I had a wonderfull experiment with Mouser and parts are arriving today ... way cool

I just downloaded the latest BOM from hesener's post on th GB thread... what is the purpose of R104b R204b resistor with X value ?
There are 3/4 parts that set the CCS current: Led L110, Vbe Q102 and R104/104b.

The CCS current = ( V(L110) – Vbe(Q102) ) / R104.

Some of these (all ) are a bit imprecise and may lead to slightly different currents in both CCS’s, to adjust these and ‘not needing to change the bulb’ – sorry replace the resistor (and possibly damage the board) an optional parallel resistor was introduced.

To make currents in both CCS’s equal, add power , measure the voltages across the resistors R104 and R204, then (for the side with the highest voltage) calculate the current Ih = Vh / Rh . Then for the side with the lowest voltage calculate a resistor Rl = Vl / Ih. (where h=High side, l=Low side).

Next we need to calculate the parallel resistor to introduce, 1/Rx = 1/Rl – 1/Rh.

I hope that this is clear


P.s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa_gZ_7sdZg

Last edited by FdW; 2nd August 2012 at 11:04 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:09 AM   #6507
RCruz is online now RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
RCruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wallis
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle View Post
A while ago I recommended micas from Jahre. They also do build to order. I think 1% is no problem. Why not go for them?


Richard Jahre GmbH: Bauform 53
Micas can sound stark... I only use them to "top up" and reach optimun values. They match well with larger vaules polypropylenes.

If the 11n are not carefully matched between channels, you might get an audible difference similar to gain difference between cahnnels.
__________________
RC
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:11 AM   #6508
hesener is offline hesener  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle View Post
A while ago I recommended micas from Jahre. They also do build to order. I think 1% is no problem. Why not go for them?


Richard Jahre GmbH: Bauform 53
In my Paradise I matched the two channels to better than 0.1%, using 100pF, 220pF caps (in my case, Wima MKS2) as needed (and of course measuring them all) to combine to the perfect value. Similar for the resistors. This took me around 1hr to get it all sorted, but it really is worth the effort.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:11 AM   #6509
RCruz is online now RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
RCruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wallis
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FdW View Post
There are 3/4 parts that set the CCS current: Led L110, Vbe Q102 and R104/104b.

The CCS current = ( V(L110) – Vbe(Q102) ) / R104.

Some of these (all ) are a bit imprecise and may lead to slightly different currents in both CCS’s, to adjust these and ‘not needing to change the bulb’ – sorry replace the resistor (and possibly damage the board) an optional parallel resistor was introduced.

To make currents in both CCS’s equal, add power , measure the voltages across the resistors R104 and R204, then (for the side with the highest voltage) calculate the current Ih = Vh / Rh . Then for the side with the lowest voltage calculate a resistor Rl = Vl / Ih. (where h=High side, l=Low side).

Next we need to calculate the parallel resistor to introduce, 1/Rx = 1/Rl – 1/Rh.

I hope that this is clear


P.s. Blue alert - Red Dwarf - BBC comedy - YouTube
Perfectly clear... Thank you so much....

Can we modify the resistors values to "hot rod" the shunt so it works at higher ccs current ?
__________________
RC
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:19 AM   #6510
RCruz is online now RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
RCruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wallis
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesener View Post
In my Paradise I matched the two channels to better than 0.1%, using 100pF, 220pF caps (in my case, Wima MKS2) as needed (and of course measuring them all) to combine to the perfect value. Similar for the resistors. This took me around 1hr to get it all sorted, but it really is worth the effort.
In the trebble cap (11n) I even use 10pF SM to reach a better acuracy
__________________
RC
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:58 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2