Mpp - Page 638 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2012, 12:16 PM   #6371
diyAudio Member
 
Bksabath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I am back

Not to many gigs while in Venice but we managed to get a bit of Vivaldi
In the San Vidal Church
This is not the best place for it as the Church is far to tall and the Cembalo (Harpsichord or Balaklava for the ones in Transylvania) was totally lost.
Although the Interpreti Veneziani is a well accomplished group as a hear tune up exercise it was a waste of time and money at 25 Euros but if you are there as a tourist...

We had 1 mile away from home the usual week long bear party from the Partito Democratico, now I don't have a clue of what they stand for but stile people and offices are same as the Italian Communist party of old, sound was good enough from a mile away.
And there was the usual gig in the park about 3 miles away.

And I have almost forgot
My Paradise V2 is getting there Hiss is gone and it was caused by poor hearting
And long cable from supply.
I got same tidy up to do before is finished but from the little I have heard is going to be really hard to stop listening....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Venice 2012 079.jpg (982.0 KB, 310 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 12:48 PM   #6372
FdW is offline FdW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
FdW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Both feet on the ground (near Gouda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
I am back

Not to many gigs while in Venice but we managed to get a bit of Vivaldi
In the San Vidal Church
This is not the best place for it as the Church is far to tall and the Cembalo (Harpsichord or Balaklava for the ones in Transylvania) was totally lost.
Although the Interpreti Veneziani is a well accomplished group as a hear tune up exercise it was a waste of time and money at 25 Euros but if you are there as a tourist...

We had 1 mile away from home the usual week long bear party from the Partito Democratico, now I don't have a clue of what they stand for but stile people and offices are same as the Italian Communist party of old, sound was good enough from a mile away.
And there was the usual gig in the park about 3 miles away.

And I have almost forgot
My Paradise V2 is getting there Hiss is gone and it was caused by poor hearting
And long cable from supply.
I got same tidy up to do before is finished but from the little I have heard is going to be really hard to stop listening....
but you have to stop, may be it is posible to build the 'balanced' while listening Get used to it, this is the fast lane.

P.s. I do love Venice
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 01:43 PM   #6373
diyAudio Member
 
Stefanoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: italia - ora USA -WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
One way is simply trimming the offset. You can use 3.5kOhm for R11, R14 and put a 1kOhm trimmer in between, wiper to ground.
Thanks. I got that. It was just for the sake of the simulation.
On LTSpice I tried to connect the output of the servo to the wiper of the "virtual" trimmer (which is the connection to GND) of course removing the connection to GND.
Nevertheless it doesn't work that way.

I wanted to put a servo there to correct DC fluctuation of the gainstage before that.
__________________
Stefano
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 01:57 PM   #6374
diyAudio Member
 
Bksabath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by FdW View Post
but you have to stop, may be it is posible to build the 'balanced' while listening Get used to it, this is the fast lane.

P.s. I do love Venice
Got all the bits for it box and all will have to do that when listening to FiFi is not possible (tely on neighbours in).
TT is already wired for balanced as I had INA LT1028 X5 X2 split passive RIAA
before.
Give me couple of weeks and it shuld be done.
Only scary bit is SMD to DIL part but I duble up on spares and have couple of presents from Analog devices to exercise on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 02:07 PM   #6375
diyAudio Member
 
Stefanoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: italia - ora USA -WI
Lately I have been questioning my batch of K170/J74.
I have been trying to prototype the high gain circuit for the phono and everything seems to have a lot of popcorn noise, which is not possible for this kind of device.

So I decided to run a test tonight on the 2SK170 to see if there is something wrong with it.

In attachment the circuit I indend to run and relative noise simulation.
I would expect from it a nice wideband noise.

Please feel free to comment if you had any similar experience or to comment the circuit.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NOISE_TEST.JPG (76.2 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg NOISE_SIMULATION.JPG (56.5 KB, 234 views)
__________________
Stefano
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 02:20 PM   #6376
FdW is offline FdW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
FdW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Both feet on the ground (near Gouda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
Got all the bits for it box and all will have to do that when listening to FiFi is not possible (tely on neighbours in).
TT is already wired for balanced as I had INA LT1028 X5 X2 split passive RIAA
before.
Give me couple of weeks and it shuld be done.
Only scary bit is SMD to DIL part but I duble up on spares and have couple of presents from Analog devices to exercise on.
You could glue the smd (using double sided sticking tape) to the middle of a dip socket/header and use some thin (silver?) wire to connect the smd to the pins, while working under a loupe
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 05:26 PM   #6377
diyAudio Member
 
Stefanoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: italia - ora USA -WI
All,

I have simulated the paradise rev 2 and attached is the schematic and the RIAA error.
It shows a significant displacement from the ideal curve.

I am sure I am doing something wrong because I remember this was checked several time; if this is the case, can anybody point out where the flaw is?


Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paradise rev 2.JPG (97.5 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg paradise rev2 RIAA precision.JPG (71.8 KB, 222 views)
__________________
Stefano
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 06:06 PM   #6378
diyAudio Member
 
Bksabath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Shuld it not be 73.5 K on RIAA I read 78 ?

You can run parametric simulation and get small value increment curves.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 06:09 PM   #6379
diyAudio Member
 
Stefanoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: italia - ora USA -WI
it is 73.5K
__________________
Stefano
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 06:13 PM   #6380
diyAudio Member
 
Stefanoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: italia - ora USA -WI
to make it easier for everybody, in attachment the .ASY and library for LTSPice.
Attached Files
File Type: asc Paradise Rev2.asc (11.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: txt Library.txt (2.9 KB, 31 views)
__________________
Stefano
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:57 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2