Mpp - Page 583 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd May 2012, 07:52 AM   #5821
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCruz View Post
I would like to beta build those also.
Me to
Old 4th May 2012, 05:19 PM   #5822
FdW is offline FdW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Our baby (BC337) at work

Low distortion oscillator tests measurement circuits - 2012-05-03 04:33:52 | Test & Measurement World
Old 5th May 2012, 02:18 PM   #5823
hesener is offline hesener  Germany
diyAudio Member

just came back from the high-end audio show in munich, where I met with Joachim and Michael (who demo'ed his very good speakers.... great sound!), only you were missing Frans ;-)
Old 6th May 2012, 12:14 PM   #5824
FdW is offline FdW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesener View Post
just came back from the high-end audio show in munich, where I met with Joachim and Michael (who demo'ed his very good speakers.... great sound!), only you were missing Frans ;-)
Actually I would have liked to be there, but it was not possible, I did go a few times before, the link shows some of my pictures. I love Munich, the Marienplatz, and the Radskeller . Next year ...

Ratskeller München: Ratskeller München

Munchen, High end, 25.26,27,28 Mei 2006 - a set on Flickr
Old 8th May 2012, 01:48 AM   #5825
diyAudio Member

I met Hesener on the High End. We had a meating with Stig Björge of Lyra and also Michael was there. Hesener gave me some samples of the Mini ATL shunts. The layout of the new version of the Paradise is ready and we also discussed posibilities to get the oszillation out of the original version. I will be back on the bench next week because i still have to take care of visitors.
Old 8th May 2012, 07:36 PM   #5826
MiiB is offline MiiB  Denmark
diyAudio Member

I had with me an oscillation free simplified version version of the paradise..very quiet and very detailed. I seem like all is in the layout and grounding. I now prepare version 2 of the simplified paradise, this time with a 4 layer board, with a complete GND plane. this way we can avoid most of the stray capacitance between components, also as the circuit is very very fast we must have very very good decoupling of the supply, here oscillation was tamed with ceramic supply decoupling directly at the mirror resistors.
Old 9th May 2012, 12:51 AM   #5827
diyAudio Member

I will try decoupling on the original Paradise too.
I brought back the Spiral Groove Centroid tonearm from Munich. I have mounted it on the SG1. What is obvious on first listen is a very potent bass although this is a single point bearing. I knew this from CES but hearing it in ones own system is something else. I may not have adjusted it 100% ( that will be done tomorrow when Stig and Martina come ) but i can hear no glaring problem. What is also interesting at the moment is that all electronics and speakers in my system are all my own design and build. I am particular happy that i was able to build my own power amp. It is based on Lazy Cats TSSA concept with some additions that i think are improvements. The preamp is so simple that i can build it in less then an hour. Holger Barske will play it in his 100% solar battery based system on the forthcoming Frickelfest.
Old 9th May 2012, 05:01 PM   #5828
diyAudio Member

Today i adjusted the lift bank and the azimuth.
I also run the arm with oil damping now. The sound i get is pretty damn good. The slightly underdamped bass got tamed very well by the oil. It gets deep but also clean and tight.
Old 15th May 2012, 01:15 PM   #5829
diyAudio Member

ping
Old 15th May 2012, 04:04 PM   #5830
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

pong

Hide this!Advertise here!