Mpp - Page 54 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th December 2009, 02:44 AM   #531
diyAudio Member

Yes, i am the James Brown of Audio. The hardest working man in Audio. No kidding, i have seen a lot and had great teachers. One reason is that i like to travel and the other is i always wanted to know the real source of information. There are not many Avatars left on the planet. Maybe 5 or 7.
Old 27th December 2009, 02:48 AM   #532
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Keep it up.
Old 27th December 2009, 03:05 AM   #533
diyAudio Member

I have seen the future and it works.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bildschirmfoto 2008-03-08 02-25-02.pdf (27.1 KB, 180 views)
Old 27th December 2009, 03:13 AM   #534
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Warhol+Space Odyssey=Mpp?
Old 27th December 2009, 04:38 AM   #535
diyAudio Member

itīs some very special speaker i designed but never produced. it had a slot for an optical disk so player and amp are on board. i did a series of photos with the inbuild web camera on my macbook
and modified that photos in iphoto. I studied furniture design and art exibition so ones art was my bussyness. i even had a galerie for modern art for some years.
yes, shure, itīs a warhol.
Old 27th December 2009, 02:56 PM   #536
MRupp is offline MRupp  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
20 years ago i worked a lot with Mr.Manger the inventor of the bending wave driver
Aaaahh - I remember some Audio Physic speakers that had 3 Manger transducers. These where actually my "dream speakers" at the time, and that was just by reading the reviews. Not having the budget I did not venture to get to listen to them, if that had been possible at all. I think they must have been quite rare. I just wonder how good they were on an absolute scale.
Old 27th December 2009, 06:27 PM   #537
diyAudio Member

the first 20 pairs or so where build by myself from something that whould translate into "Tank Wood" (Panzerholz). If you can hear one of thoose pairs you could recognise an amasing soundstage. One reviewer (Wendemuth) talked about "magic". I still have one pair pristinely preserved that you could listen to if you like. It is in Dortmund at a friend that actually build a special listening room for it. I neaded several days for the damping alsone. I build an acoustic swamp from 4 different materials beause the Manger Transduces is acoustically very opaque and does not like reflected preasure on the back. I had studied the Manger Transducer for 15 years until i build the Medea how it was called. Absulutely the most complicated box i ever build.
Old 27th December 2009, 08:00 PM   #538
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Kronos & his wife Rhea, Medea, you used to choose powerful or intensely tragic ancient Greek names for your statement designs. There is the Daniel Weiss Medea studio based DAC too. I will not ask, you know him.
Old 27th December 2009, 08:53 PM   #539
diyAudio Member

The Medea is from 1991 so i was the first that used that name. I like the stuff that Weiss makes, met him on shows as a pleasant guy and i am not associated to Audio Physic any more, so he can use that name if he likes.
I was always fascinated by ancient Greek culture and i am happy to have a friend there that fills in on my weakness: power supply. I am also weak on power amps but i am learning. in electronics i am more a low level precision guy.
Old 27th December 2009, 09:00 PM   #540
diyAudio Member

Die Geister die ich rief werd ich nun nicht mehr los.

Charles Dickens

Hide this!Advertise here!