MPP

Yes, we are working on cap multipliers for an MC pre-pre stage.
Even rather simple implementations can be troublesome in this application.
Maybe in some hours i know more.
Working the cap multipliers do, no question, but wide bandwidth and low output impedance has to be considered in context. Then a quite simple circuit is a challenge.

It is a cap multiplier with a opamp?

Why strive for low impedance, when you can have that plenty-fold in the following cap..??
-If you choose a Low ESR cap and make it big enough to support a low frequency cut-off at 1 mHz or something like that, you'll have really low impedance in all the frequency span. Personally i believe one of the pitfalls is the stray capacitance in almost all devices that allow diode switching elements to pass through.
The best PSU's, I have heard have been Tube regulated L-C-R-C (more RC's) passive supplies, they simply have more balls scale and tonal colour. I have a DAC with such a tube supply, and to me it not only kill's, but really murders the newest DCS- clock this and clock that I also have..:)

I must confess that never give much attention to the diodes, but what you are saying makes sense to me. One solution may be using fast diodes with resistors in serie with the diodes , that should make the commuting current low enough for not causing problems. Essentially is this what the tube diodes are. I will investigate this further.

Tube rectifier can not have large capacitor connect directly. So for limiting current spikes that could damage them , it was mandatory to use inductance before the main capacitor. wen solid state diodes start to be use , the inductor was not use anymore as they are bulky and expensive, but now that I think on this, a inductor before the capacitor can be a good thing.