MPP

I have the RiAA Values for a 42-44 dB gain circuit. idle reduction can be done by alteration in in central CCS. What kind of current would you want through the input transistors..??

Personally I dont think anr current reduction is needed as the driving signal is so much stronger, the noise suppression will still be enoumous, but off course the input impedance will be an issue.

Last edited:
The " natural " input impedance of the Paradise is around 10kOhm.
That is too low for MM. I would like it to be at least more then 50kOhm.
The problem is that reduced idle will then also reduce the amount of current that we can dump into the RIIA worsening distortion. On the other hand we have lesss gain and that brings the performance back. Kind of juggling. We COULD of cause use Fets at the input with only a small change in topology.

Last edited:
I have the RiAA Values for a 42-44 dB gain circuit. idle reduction can be done by alteration in in central CCS. What kind of current would you want through the input transistors..??

Personally I dont think anr current reduction is needed as the driving signal is so much stronger, the noise suppression will still be enoumous, but off course the input impedance will be an issue.

Hey that wuld be just perfect for one of those...
http://www.acton-gate-audio.co.uk/p...li&ManufacturerName=Sumiko&ProductName=Sumiko Blue Point Special&ProductID=2903

Was tempted to get one especialy for the 35dB channel separation.

I am back :) .... I hope everybody is doing well.

I got some data fir the IF3602 ...yes....the super Jfet.
I have 2 papers, one shows an Idss of 30mA another from 50mA to 1000mA which would seem to be basically terrible!
Also there are some plots shown and in order to reach out 250mS transconductance, Idss must be in the order of 300mA (!!!!)

Am I looking at it wrong?

Attachments

• Page 1 DOC 1.JPG
    Page 1 DOC 1.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Page 2 DOC 1.JPG
    Page 2 DOC 1.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 198
  • DOC 2.JPG
    DOC 2.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 206
Drain current against voltage
looks really good.
This is a much better CCS then paralleled BFs.

yes I noticed it too. I just can't understasnd what the Idss is.
As an input stage, if you think about MasterPiece R7, I will try this out, but if the devicce needs to be biased at 200mA to get high gm it will be extremely hard to design the CCS around and shunt PSU and keep everything electrical and thermally stable.

Hoever, from the characteristics I can see, it looks pretty really linear to me a good linear input stage.
The 1/f, you can kinda see the noise behaviour on one of the lot shown on page 2 of doc 1.
The y shows equivalent noise en and on the x frequency.
It looks like noise is kept very low even at low frequency to a point that noise behaviour looks more like a BJT than a JFET :eek: :eek::santa:

Last edited:
Well, this week I will reveive the Jfet, I will try to test Idss and transconductance to begin with!
I am afrrais, since I can't really deduce it from datasheet that Idss varies largely and can get huge.
If that is the case this device would be useless given the high price tag to find matched pair for a stereo amp.

Also, like I mentioned if it needs 200mA of biasing to reach out 400mS or 750mS like datasheet says, then still makes it hard to use! :vampire::grumpy::note::note: