Mpp - Page 397 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th December 2011, 01:48 AM   #3961
diyAudio Member

unbelieveable convincing in terms of generating a true live atmosphere.

Thanks Holger and Christian, i do not know what more to say...
Old 29th December 2011, 01:55 AM   #3962
diyAudio Member

Default Joachim

What happened to your hair

Holger, who give you permission to cut his hair Probably Mr. G

Nice pic's !

Danke.

Audiofanatic
Old 29th December 2011, 02:05 AM   #3963
diyAudio Member

Miss G took the lawnmover.
Old 29th December 2011, 02:42 AM   #3964
diyAudio Member

Default Miss G

Well Joachim,

Tell Miss G that I'll be visiting you both in 2012 with a pair of mono's and a new ESL speakers and I'll submit to the same treatment as you got (hair wise)

atb,

Audiofanatic
Old 29th December 2011, 03:10 AM   #3965
FdW is offline FdW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
Tachyon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Salas, I match Hfe in mirrors usually to 10%. When there is an unbalance you can adjust the emitter resistors.
Frans, have you also send some transistors to me ?
No, but PM me and I will do. I can send you 100 pairs.
Old 29th December 2011, 01:53 PM   #3966
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Very nice pics Holger... Congrats

I really like your setup Joachim

PS
In one of your boards I see some silmicsII, Mundorf Supremes and some Red can (BG?!) what happened ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jg1211_02_1000.jpg (174.7 KB, 293 views)
Old 29th December 2011, 02:38 PM   #3967
diyAudio Member

That is the Opus Magnum. I build them by hand after the specifications of the customer.
This one goes to Bangkok and the customer is a mechanical engineer that totally rebuild his Goldmund Reference including the arm. He had collected parts over the last 10 years and wanted to put them into use, so he send me Black Gates, Bulk Foils, etc.
Even the trimmers are Bulk Foils, 50,-$ a pop. The rectifier bridges are IXIS Silicon-Carbite, 90,-Ē per piece. The snubbers are REL-Cap Teflon. The common mode coils are
Lundahl ( 250,-€ a piece ), the PSU caps Slit Foils. I chose the Mundorfs because i am very friendly with those guys and can pick the stuff up, selected for me directly at the headquarters.
I put in some Silmics because there where some values where i had no Black Gates.
Did i ever say that there are no superior parts ? I can not remember.
What i also said is that ones the quality of the components are very good like Panasonic FM or Wima FKP the differences are small. When you experience a magical gain in sound quality by changing a cap there is something wrong or something was wrong before. For example the Suesskind Rauschfrei, that was part of the system that Holger and Christian evaluated yesterday, is build with good quality, standard parts. I challenge everybody to bring me a better phono for that price, retail of cause.
Coming back to the Pardise i can only repeat that the goal is to make a stage with unique performance, superior or innovative topology plus reasonably easy to build plus very affordable. Itīs all in the engineering plus searching for parts that are reliable, affordable AND available.That simply cuts out exotic parts. If you want to use them or can not live without them, please go ahead. If you are happy i am happy too.
Old 29th December 2011, 03:28 PM   #3968
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

I am already sorry I asked.... I was just joking. I know that in some situations I can hear differences just by selecting parts but you already explained that the paradise will present a very good psrr and will work perfectly without "special" parts.

I like Pana very much and RC55Y inexpensive resistors also and I can surely live without exotics.
Old 29th December 2011, 03:56 PM   #3969
diyAudio Member

No problem Ricardo, i know your humor in the meantime.
Sometimes, or often, exotics can even destroy the sound. I have made really bad experiences with some "designer parts" that are made to blow up the sound. When you are in the factory and see the same parts falling to the left ( 50 cent a piece ) and then falling to the right ( 5€ a piece ) you start to understand the name of that game.
I am simply not impressed by labels.
Old 29th December 2011, 06:09 PM   #3970
diyAudio Member

Default you had better give me some credit for this design as I and you co-designed this MCRI

Joachim,

you had better give me some credit for this design as I and you co-designed this MCRIAA amplifier. The regulator is my design.

Attached is an enalargement of the photo of the design.

Jan Didden did the PCB layout with me as reviewer, and Jan should get credit for the excellent PCB design.

Best regards,
Sigurd Ruschkowski
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
That is the Opus Magnum. I build them by hand after the specifications of the customer.
This one goes to Bangkok and the customer is ...

Coming back to the Pardise i can only repeat that the goal is to make a stage with unique performance, superior or innovative topology plus reasonably easy to build plus very affordable. Itīs all in the engineering

Hide this!Advertise here!