MPP

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi. Since the official R3 PCB was no longer available, I did my own ;)
I also did a pcb for the pre-reg according to the included schematic. I should have them built by the end of the day.
The latest version of the parts list match these PCB.

Very cool!! I like it. Sorry you couldnt participate in the group buy.... In fact, we have 3-4 people on the waiting list so that may eventually lead to another group buy, unless you would like to do one with yours?

I assembled and tested the Pre-Reg PCB. There was an error that is now corrected. Output voltage is around 31V at 120ma supply current. I find it a little on the high side for the preamp shunt reg (35Vmax to 25Vmin recommended). In order to lower the heat dissipation of the shunt reg, I did a simple RC PCB (forming a CRC filter with the caps on the preamp). It is intended to be installed between both preamp pcb. It will lower the pre-reg supply to about 28V, adding some more filtering in the process. I did it using parts I had in stock, nothing fancy. I modified to BOM to add these parts.

Attachments

• Paradise_Pre-Reg_SB-version.jpg
    Paradise_Pre-Reg_SB-version.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 473
  • RC_Filter_PCB.jpg
    RC_Filter_PCB.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 464
  • Paradise_Parts_List_small.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 71
Hello Joachim,
i'm looking forward, to your preregulator and I hope it will come soon.
Today evenig we had a listening session by Andrejs with your
proto-paradise V2

.... very impressive....

especially with his great BB-OB setup and other specialities.

i´m so happy that I appointed three sets :D

Greatings from Münster

I am going to divide my cabinet into two sections, one for transformers/powersupply, and one for the rest of the preamp. Which material is the better one to make the shielding between the two sections, copper or aluminum?:confused:

Copper as well but why not 2 separate enclosures?

Got same Stainless Steel (non magnetic) in My Paradise tread.

I will use copper lining on the Phono as well.

Mu Metal is out of my price range at present, still Paradise work realy well witout to much fussing about...

HTML:
Copper as well but why not 2 separate enclosures?
I already have a nice and expensive cabinet from Italy, which i bought some time ago, for a preamp project, and the paradise came as sent from heaven since the phono section, was the only link missing, to make it complete. I have the linestages, the input selector, and a relay volumecontrol. My aim is to make a good preamp in one box:)
The pics is from when i tested the line pcbs.

Attachments

• Airline_1_SCH.pdf
    31.1 KB · Views: 126
  • CIMG0034.jpg
    CIMG0034.jpg
    996.7 KB · Views: 290
  • CIMG0035.jpg
    CIMG0035.jpg
    836.3 KB · Views: 261
Who designed it ?
Originally Lars Clausen. It was part of a Danish diy project in The High Fidelity magazine back in 91-92. Later i took it out of the preamp project and altered the components into something available, and Dimitri tuned it a little and made a nice pcb layout:)
Pictures of the original project and Dimitris pcb layout.

Attachments

• HPIM0447.jpg
    HPIM0447.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 252
  • air-line-temp.GIF
    air-line-temp.GIF
    48 KB · Views: 238