Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st November 2011, 12:11 PM   #3151
tabams is offline tabams  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up strain gauge cartridge

Thanks, yes 2 amps
Cart has the conventional 4 pins.
Did some web search about Left channel phasing, only left channel has DC reversal, AC signal goes to +inv or -non-inverting
Did some research, yes Flavio81 again, only Left channel is DC reversed, each AC signal goes to the +noninverting or -inverting input, (both amps)
Link:
http://ns1.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=346476&highlight=left+cannel&page =6
External SG supply is used here
Assume the stereo version is ment here

Last edited by tabams; 21st November 2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Another link, stereo OA board
Old 21st November 2011, 12:32 PM   #3152
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabams View Post
Thanks, yes 2 amps
Cart has the conventional 4 pins.
Did some web search about Left channel phasing, only left channel has DC reversal, AC signal goes to +inv or -non-inverting
Did some research, yes Flavio81 again, only Left channel is DC reversed, each AC signal goes to the +noninverting or -inverting input, (both amps)
Link:
http://ns1.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=346476&highlight=left+cannel&page =6
External SG supply is used here
Assume the stereo version is ment here

Another link, SG stereo opamp
AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
Old 21st November 2011, 12:58 PM   #3153
diyAudio Member

Ok, flavios simple version is not that different from mine. I use a better current source and a better Opamp.
Old 24th November 2011, 10:35 PM   #3154
diyAudio Member

I finished the prototype of the Fast Audio Tanzmusik Phonostage. More information soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tanzmusik Proto 2 front.jpg (81.2 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg Tanzmusik Proto 2 inside.jpg (109.1 KB, 306 views)
File Type: jpg Tanzmusik Proto 2 Gain Stage under.jpg (102.0 KB, 302 views)
File Type: jpg Tanzmusik Proto 2 Gain Stage top.jpg (100.4 KB, 299 views)
Old 24th November 2011, 11:43 PM   #3155
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Well done Joachim!

Have you counted how many preamps and phono stages you have built in the last year? It must be the most prolific series of prototypes within a short time that has yet been achieved. Truly amazing work.
Old 24th November 2011, 11:56 PM   #3156
diyAudio Member

A lot, true. Maybe i designed 400 and build 100 over the last 2 1/2 years. The interesting thing is when i look back what i did i find new ways to use old ideas. The Tanzmusik is based on an older partly inductive design of mine that i published maybe 2 years ago. Because the RIAA is based on simple multiplications i can vary the bass from around 1100usec to 5900us and the treble from 10usec to 110usec with special designed potmeters without changing the inductors or caps. That way it has a kind of tone control that can mimic other EQs then RIAA or simply can be used to taste. This one should also work well with your IO because it has a very high quality PCOCC input transformer.
It is VERY quiet.
Old 24th November 2011, 11:58 PM   #3157
diyAudio Member

It will also get a tube output stage that can be used as a headphone amp. I fried the proto
because the tubes where running too hot. I now decided on a white follower that has low output impedance without too much bias.
Old 25th November 2011, 09:49 AM   #3158
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
A lot, true. Maybe i designed 400 and build 100 over the last 2 1/2 years. The interesting thing is when i look back what i did i find new ways to use old ideas. The Tanzmusik is based on an older partly inductive design of mine that i published maybe 2 years ago. Because the RIAA is based on simple multiplications i can vary the bass from around 1100usec to 5900us and the treble from 10usec to 110usec with special designed potmeters without changing the inductors or caps. That way it has a kind of tone control that can mimic other EQs then RIAA or simply can be used to taste. This one should also work well with your IO because it has a very high quality PCOCC input transformer.
It is VERY quiet.
I like your EQ idea. Think to use it for my EPC sg cartridge front-amp I have to built.

Strain Gauge Phono Simple.TSC - TINA.pdf
This EQ has to take place in a second amp, am I right?
Can you do that sort of EQ also for the mid range center Fr = 3 kHz?
Old 25th November 2011, 11:26 AM   #3159
diyAudio Member

The Tanzmusik has a characteristic that is not very suitable for your strain gauge cartridge. You need a presence rise and an upper treble drop.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:28 AM   #3160
diyAudio Member

Here is some information about EQ :
Simple, Easy Parametric and Graphic EQ's, Plus Peaks and Notches

Hide this!Advertise here!