MPP

Ok back to same work.

Little one gone back;)
Yes seems he does have audio virus 2, He was able to load and set up telly for his DVD since 2 & 1/2 and he likes records more than CD, his favourites are James Brown and Talking Heads we have best time taking F5 to silly levels and bouncing around Living Room.
He be 4 in August and we have been shopping around for school uniforms.:sad:

Boards are powered up I need to sort out supply and pre-regulator + how to fit the lot in the box I have at present but it looks like I will have to go shopping for new one as I like to keep traffo away from rest.
I will of course get last few resistors before I really start listening

Saying that a couple of quick square taken at 10Khz and 1Khz

This is al open on the bench trough an anti-RIAA no screening whatsoever and fluorescent tube just few inches away.

Impressive?

I am really!!!

Hopefully I may be able to listen to in next couple of days (got to finish pre amplifier as well)
After that I be on Holidays to Venice and getting Yearly fix of live concerts.

Attachments

• Squares 002.jpg
    Squares 002.jpg
    610.3 KB · Views: 307
  • Squares 003.jpg
    Squares 003.jpg
    600.1 KB · Views: 289
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ricardo, there is a way to cancel the input offset, even with higher value load resistors or higher impedance cartridges. I have shown that before and will adopt it for the Paradise.
It is a local feedback loop around the input stage. It theoretically also reduces distortion.
I will draw the circuit tomorrow.

That is what I was looking for, I remenber you posted that solution before but can not find the post.

I will wait for yout drawing.

Regards

Ricardo

Here is the offset cancelation circuit. Values of the emitter resistors are for the Paradise R2.
The original ones where a bit lower but that does not matter. Tapping into one pair of input transistors is enough. Connect the loading resistor, 2kOhm in this case, without connecting the cartridge. Set the DC at the input to 0V with the trimmer. Connect the cartridge and look if there is any fine trim necesarry.
It may be that the 10kOhm resistor has to be lowered somewhat, say to 6,8kOhm. If that does not help the trimmer can be lowered too, say to 50kOhm.
There are other options to trim the input offset, also automatic with a current mirror and servo that injects current into the input but i prefer this passive solution because it does not inject noise.

Attachments

• Paradise Offset Cancelation.TSC - TINA.pdf
    6.6 KB · Views: 207
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Well, finally I got to connect the paradise in my system and there are news...

No worries about input offset.... with a Denon DL160 and 1kr loading there is no input offset.

It seems my choice of riaa values are ok because I have a nice midrange without any harshness (subjectively speaking).

Bass is strong, punchy and detailed. Highs are clear with loads of micro detail... good.

I can not go deeper in my listening impressions because only one channel is amplifying... the other one is silent. So I had to listen with two riaas connected, using the right channel of my resident jfet SE thing to evaluate.

I am having trouble with the shunt in my "bad" channel. On negative shunt I measure around 43V on TP201 TP202 (the good one measures around 29v)

Output of the shunt is ok at -24v... do not know the implications, but the truth is it does not work.

I have a steady 7mV output offset and no sound.

Well, finally I got to connect the paradise in my system and there are news...

No worries about input offset.... with a Denon DL160 and 1kr loading there is no input offset.

It seems my choice of riaa values are ok because I have a nice midrange without any harshness (subjectively speaking).

Bass is strong, punchy and detailed. Highs are clear with loads of micro detail... good.

I can not go deeper in my listening impressions because only one channel is amplifying... the other one is silent. So I had to listen with two riaas connected, using the right channel of my resident jfet SE thing to evaluate.

I am having trouble with the shunt in my "bad" channel. On negative shunt I measure around 43V on TP201 TP202 (the good one measures around 29v)

Output of the shunt is ok at -24v... do not know the implications, but the truth is it does not work.

I have a steady 7mV output offset and no sound.

What is the voltage between TP201 and 202? This is Paradise V1? What is the input voltage?