MPP

Please carry on with whit posting and don't worry about typos
I put them there on purpose at time to ensure full attentions :D
(Those whose do not make are the one that use the spell checker)
If any one complain is the ignore bin.
(Got nice picture in this regard from other forum)

This is a hobby so loads of things we don't do at day Job should be allowed
The pressure relief valve stop working otherwise

And board will just be lifless piece of cooper

Attachments

• englishup.png
    englishup.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 322
  • Preregulator Paradise X2 board.jpg
    Preregulator Paradise X2 board.jpg
    771.4 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Please carry on with whit posting and don't worry about typos
I put them there on purpose at time to ensure full attentions :D
(Those whose do not make are the one that use the spell checker)
If any one complain is the ignore bin.
(Got nice picture in this regard from other forum)

This is a hobby so loads of things we don't do at day Job should be allowed
The pressure relief valve stop working otherwise

And board will just be lifless piece of cooper

And now I also like the logo :) ;) :bulb: :spin: :p

For everyone that has a bit too much time (as I apparently have :)) please go to http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/209896-amplifier-dc-protection.html#post2967794 and check it out (sorry for the advertisement, but I need some/any/more input on this).

Attachments

• Shunt VReg by FdW 5V to 35V.PNG
    Shunt VReg by FdW 5V to 35V.PNG
    94.1 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
I use NTE 7100 there are a few similar chips under other names with same function.
Those are obsolete and hard to get but still out of there.
I am going to have a look at it and try to understand it.
Other thing I use (I hope this is worty contribution) is the Amplimo relay that is designed for this purpose Loudspeaker relay - toroidal-transformer.com

Slight price difference to normal relay but stated DC breaking spec of 100A at 50V
Big difference from normal relays that are rated at AC and can not cope with the arking
that DC presents.

About Logo tanks just bit of fun for now (no commercial intent at present so I am not breaking copyrigts) let me know what best to put on board for when (and if ) gerbers are needed.

Last edited:
I will draw now the new version of the Paradise.
The input will be virtually unchanged, the mirrors get an improvement, the RIAA gets Ricarrdos values, the complicated output buffer will be substituted with my floating cascode J-Fet buffer and Fans new PSU will be implemented. Hesener will make a new layout with all he learned debugging the orininal version.

I will draw now the new version of the Paradise.
The input will be virtually unchanged, the mirrors get an improvement, the RIAA gets Ricarrdos values, the complicated output buffer will be substituted with my floating cascode J-Fet buffer and Fans new PSU will be implemented. Hesener will make a new layout with all he learned debugging the orininal version.

Nice, thanks Joachim, we are 'on track' an still going ... :)

Nice, I did not finish the regulators this weekend, I did destroy my new (currently being build) amplifier and took most of Saturday and a large part of Sunday to fix that. (I did made some re-wire errors after a small modification on the vero board).

Now my regulator proto types will be finished by the end of this week. I am aiming for a board size of 4 or 5 cm2 (that is half of an square inch).

And, yes, the transistors need a heatsink (5 to 10 deg/watt).

P.s. This design is not intended for the Paradise (it is to under powered for that).
P.s. This design is intended for amplifiers that may have a few, 2 or 3, opamps that need to be fed from the amplifier supply at up to 80 volts.

Here is one, the mini ATL PSU + side. About 5 cm2 :)

Attachments

• IMG_4970_pub.jpg
    IMG_4970_pub.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_4971_pub.jpg
    IMG_4971_pub.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_4972_pub.jpg
    IMG_4972_pub.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 260