MPP

looks very good! Like the wide traces for low inductance. Are the holes big enough for the components? (Well, moot point - you'll find out ;-)

Sorry no progress today did not wake up till phone rang at 5 PM
So now on works puter till 8 Am

But 4 days off camming up...

Holes>
As is wery much home brew I keep holes at 0.5 mm troug out
Make nice pilot for the Dremmel and as everiting home brew can be changed at any time Just swap drill bits in this case.

Here are some pictures of the session tonight. The system consists of my SG1 turntable with Triplanar arm and Lyra Titan i.
I do not use a preamp with voltage gain but my Hawksford buffer with TKD potmeter. The Paradise is loud enough. That drives an AS Audio Class A amplifier. The speakers are Suesskind Sommerwind prototyps with Mundorf AMTs and Wolf von Langa 30cm woofers. They have a sensitvity of 95dB and go from 20Hz to 20kHz. These are not your typical wimpy mini monitors but they image like crazy non the less. Cables are Suesskind Lebenslinie.
Where the Pardise really shines is with difficult recordings like complex classical or 70th pop. They resolve for example Fleetwood Mac "Tango in the Night" like it was recorded yesterday. The material can be extremely dense but there is no congestion. Fatique is extremely low but the sound ist not boring at all. It is as dynamic as the FPS but more composed and organic. I am very satisfied.
very interested your SOMMERWIND speakers because i like 30cm woofer,when will finished?:)

I am working on a preamplifier. D.Self inspired me again with his preamp for Elektor.
I simplfied a bit, for example i took out the tone control. At the input i substituted a real INA and the output stage i had alraedy build in my JG-Self with a discrete buffer and the LME49713HA.
This has simply to be redesigned for the new 1kOhm pot and i made a new discrete buffer that does not need P-channel J-Fets. Also the massive paralleling is not necesarry because the buffer and the LME49713 are very low noise anyway.

I have pre view of stuffed (partially as one seems to run out of components alla time)
Pre regulator board.

This is with non-spec common mode cokes and 15 mm footprint capacitors on filter (before diodes)
Also different capacitors at output this just to give an indication of possible different type that can be used in that limited space.

I had a heath sink from different project that came handy for photo shoot
If is needed great if not there is even more space.

Board size is 160 X 100

No need to say that if you give me precise components foot prints I will be more than hapy to modify the design and make a few protos for testing

Attachments

• Preregulator 001.jpg
    Preregulator 001.jpg
    771.1 KB · Views: 323
  • Preregulator 002.jpg
    Preregulator 002.jpg
    772.1 KB · Views: 308
  • Preregulator 003.jpg
    Preregulator 003.jpg
    779.2 KB · Views: 293
  • Preregulator 004.jpg
    Preregulator 004.jpg
    772.2 KB · Views: 264
  • Preregulator 005.jpg
    Preregulator 005.jpg
    785.6 KB · Views: 261
Looks cool, maybe to cool :)

For anything up to a few amperes you will not need a heat sink (especially not for the TO220 devices).

I woold realy like to make this as cool as possible.

About sinks I agree as they are not needed for low amps but board space need only 20 mm to fit them so option is there.

Another thing I was thinking of was to put Cokes on output side as well.

If I get final specs for components and maybe, as I could not get them the proper cokes, I will send you a couple of proto boards.

I am vondering what shuld be the rating of the resistors (at the moment I have 4.7R 1Watt) maybe 2 in paralell be better?

For the proper ones I got same 75 microns PCB just waiting to take acid bath

Last edited: