MPP

I got Heseners Paradise boards so i will hear it today for the first time !
I will use the Opus Magnum Pre-Regulators so this is a big project.
Frans has designed a new shunt without LM317 that should solve the oscillation problem at least from this source. So there is progress.

Attachments

• Heseners Paradise Bords.jpg
    Heseners Paradise Bords.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 391
  • Opus Magnum Pre-Regulator.jpg
    Opus Magnum Pre-Regulator.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 391
They sound prety much awesome !
I have the FPS on hand. I would not say that the Paradise images better. Whereas the FPS
etches with a fine cissel the Pardise blows in some air and liquidity. I also find it more transparent but not in an "obvious" way. When HiFi in a technical sense is what you want, take the FPS. It is wideband, transparent and dynamic. Where the Paradise betters it is in naturalness. It simply is "there" in a very atractive but unspectacular way. Noise is a bit lower as in the FPS although i play it balanced. Actually the FPS humms less but has more hiss, especially in the bass. In both ocasions it does not distract from the listening because both stages only have audible noise when i crank it so load so that it is unbearable. It has to be seen if both stages sound more similar when i take out the somewhat falling response in the Pardise.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the session tonight. The system consists of my SG1 turntable with Triplanar arm and Lyra Titan i.
I do not use a preamp with voltage gain but my Hawksford buffer with TKD potmeter. The Paradise is loud enough. That drives an AS Audio Class A amplifier. The speakers are Suesskind Sommerwind prototyps with Mundorf AMTs and Wolf von Langa 30cm woofers. They have a sensitvity of 95dB and go from 20Hz to 20kHz. These are not your typical wimpy mini monitors but they image like crazy non the less. Cables are Suesskind Lebenslinie.
Where the Pardise really shines is with difficult recordings like complex classical or 70th pop. They resolve for example Fleetwood Mac "Tango in the Night" like it was recorded yesterday. The material can be extremely dense but there is no congestion. Fatique is extremely low but the sound ist not boring at all. It is as dynamic as the FPS but more composed and organic. I am very satisfied.

Attachments

• Paradise session 1.jpg
    Paradise session 1.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 377
  • Paradise session 2.jpg
    Paradise session 2.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 366
  • Paradise session 3.jpg
    Paradise session 3.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 316
  • Paradise session 4.jpg
    Paradise session 4.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 319
On my side
got proto ready to be drilled for pre regulator
It is a fair bit different from speck as for now I am using different common mode choke and only foot print for 15mm caps
more for my own use than anithing else but Just give me the word and I will hapily make any changes as needed.

Current size is 160 X 100

Attachments

• Preregulator 002.jpg
    Preregulator 002.jpg
    769 KB · Views: 304
  • Preregulator 003.jpg
    Preregulator 003.jpg
    785.6 KB · Views: 163
Joined 2005
Paid Member
On my side
got proto ready to be drilled for pre regulator
It is a fair bit different from speck as for now I am using different common mode choke and only foot print for 15mm caps
more for my own use than anithing else but Just give me the word and I will hapily make any changes as needed.

Current size is 160 X 100

looks very good! Like the wide traces for low inductance. Are the holes big enough for the components? (Well, moot point - you'll find out ;-)