MPP

Joined 2005
Paid Member
here you go. I am a little bit concerned with these inconsistencies, was under the impression that this R19 is 15k, and thats what I put in my paradise, and its working very well with it.

Let's take this schematic as the base to adress any changes going forward please
thanks

Attachments

• Paradise MPP 2012 official schematic 29.1.2012.pdf
    61 KB · Views: 172
Joined 2005
Paid Member
ohoh....... I reviewed my files, and here is a schematic from jan 19, that implements a few more changes that had been discussed in this trail
R19=15k
220Ohm "Neumann" resistor
but, R47 / R51 = 22 Ohm

hope that clarifies it.... I don't think I will be going through 50pages of postings to find out, lets take the working boards to measure and finetune......

What i would really like to see is your design in parallel symmetric ( if better or necessary ) with a balanced, differential input stage. J-Fet input or not. If we only use N-Channels this is not a component sourcing problem anyway. We can call that the Starless-Balanced and i would 100% support that design.
Believe me, I would like it too, I had to spend couple weekends improving my tt wiring, shielding and cabling to get rid of all that mains stuff down to -80dB, and with balanced that would be no problem at all. But then again, with balanced we have two opposing currents that can't be mirrored directly or it will cancel out, and I really love all this transimpedance mirrors feeding riaa network stuff. This concept of starless and following phonos got me intrigued in first place. So this has to go back to drawing board from scratch, or if someone has something to propose regarding balanced front end with 2 in phase currents output (preferably no LTP) I'm all yours. Meanwhile, more bjt sorting... more meditation :)

I solved the problem with the balanced input and Samplers Mirror-Buffer. It is again so stupid simple that i had to smile. The minus pole of the cartridge simple goes into the sources. The differential INA at the output is now obsolete.
The node between the sources can even have a DC shift against ground because there will not flow current into cartridge. The gates of the Fet isolate that current, so this node can be trimmed for minimum distortion. With the resistor values given ( 5 and 2 Ohm ) and the N-Channels running on 7mA each plus the P-Channels running on 8mA each the offset null and the distortion null fall aprox. in one place.

Attachments

• Starless Sampler Mirror Balanced 3.0 1.2.2012.TSC - TINA.pdf
    10.2 KB · Views: 171