Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th July 2011, 04:00 PM   #2361
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman View Post
Joachim,

A nice servo trick is to connect both the sense and force connections of the servo to the same point, the output. It's like the servo nulls it's own input and there is no impact on the rest of the circuit.
I've used it a few times and even if it looks funny it works great!
I'll put a small diagram together for later.

Edit: attached

jan
Joachim,

I looked again at the circuit I and think I made a mistake. I thought the output was a current output but it is a source follower. That means that my clever servo will not work at that point. It needs a high impedance point. It would work on the input to your RIAA network (R17 in the circuit I saw).

jan didden
Old 4th July 2011, 04:14 PM   #2362
diyAudio Member

Thanks Jan. Sure, you are right. I will try it out. I already tried my version and the time constant influences the RIAA. That can be corrected by changing the values in the RIAA. I will try if your version has the same effect.
Old 4th July 2011, 04:22 PM   #2363
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
new company
Good news.
Old 4th July 2011, 06:58 PM   #2364
diyAudio Member

Thanks.
Here is the "Problem Child". It is basically an MPP Summer 2011 2 Stage with two Salas regulators with yet another output buffer. Curiously it worked with only one regulator. With two it gets hot and the sound is sharp. See my humble effort to damp with series resistors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MPP Summer 2011 2 Stage Salas Double Mono.jpg (98.0 KB, 327 views)
Old 4th July 2011, 08:36 PM   #2365
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Can you post the shunt schematic ?
Old 4th July 2011, 09:13 PM   #2366
Salas is online now Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Thanks.
Here is the "Problem Child". It is basically an MPP Summer 2011 2 Stage with two Salas regulators with yet another output buffer. Curiously it worked with only one regulator. With two it gets hot and the sound is sharp. See my humble effort to damp with series resistors.
That one is special V1 for DCB1, has 100uF lytic cap as output termination. Has plenty of phase margin, and uses its output cap's ESR as damping. If the rails at the load side have small fast caps across to grounds shorting the outputs ESR, series inductors, reactive whatever, margin could have been eaten out, maybe one could just take it, but two could have formed some damping impedance drop path beyond their phase margin handling. Hot and sharp is tell tale oscillating. Try higher ESR output caps on the PSU boards, see what can be adding complexity on the load's rails, have nothing in series on the rails. What can be common and suspect between channels on the rails? Keep the scope on the rails looking for a flat line when AC coupled scope input is selected while trying. This one you got its very seldom it oscillates, had been used widely by people with very diverse circuits, surely you will find a way to apply it better even in an odd situation I trust. One working solo properly already is a good sign.
Old 4th July 2011, 09:48 PM   #2367
diyAudio Member

Too much low impedance shunting on board. Desolder that ! i feel guilty.
Old 4th July 2011, 10:30 PM   #2368
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks.
Crazy mousebox, can't believe its "sharpness" ...
Old 4th July 2011, 10:32 PM   #2369
diyAudio Member

It is sleeping ! Do not weak it.
Old 4th July 2011, 10:44 PM   #2370
diyAudio Member

Default I see one blue mouse ;)

Quote:
Thanks.
Hi Joachim,

I think I see a blue and a black mouse, IMO they are the culprit !
Please be gentle and kind to them. I love animals

Tjuus,

Audiofanatic

Hide this!Advertise here!