Mpp - Page 200 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th December 2010, 03:41 PM   #1991
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
I had a really long phone call with Mr.Vogel and he gave me permission to publish his schematic.

Thanks Joachim. If Mr Vogel has a "Hall of shame" section in hs new book he may consider including a tribute to syn08 for ripping off his cricruit
Old 8th December 2010, 03:55 PM   #1992
diyAudio Member

Vogel gives tribute to Self as his forrunner and from the Roberts circuit you can see that similiar thing have been done even 30 years back before, and JC did that even 42 years before. Where did he get the idea from ? See also Tietze-Schenk where the circuit was presented, although very rudimentary, as a very low noise Photo Diode amplifier.
I think it was the exact details that stired the reaction but please let´s move on and be productive. I slept very well and dreamless tonight.
Old 8th December 2010, 04:37 PM   #1993
diyAudio Member

Pavel, please visit me any day. I am a decent cook and you can examine my undermotorised lab and my incompetent use of it. On the other hand
I got an invitation to the Praque show. I was there last in 76 when there still was the iron curtain and it left a deep impression on me. I was particular amased how well the older guys talked German and i had some very good beers and roasted bread in the Uflecku ( i do not know if i spell that right ). A phantastic meal in the Pelikan cost me 5DM back then and the magic puppet theatre was mesmerising. I also learned from the government officials that Chech people have a great tradition of engineering so i may meet you there. I am a big fan of Kaffka also and i heard that the word "Robot" is Chech and was invented for a "mechanical man" in the theatre. I can sing part of your national hymn. My latin teacher Mr.Venhuda was chech.
Old 8th December 2010, 04:44 PM   #1994
diyAudio Member

Salas, Mr.Vogels motivation comes from watching professional musiciance really goig crazy on tube equipment right now even in the recording studio. The noise they capture is then filtered out digitally in the last stage of mastering. Is´nt that amasing?
Old 8th December 2010, 04:47 PM   #1995
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
and i heard that the word "Robot" is Chech and was invented for a "mechanical man" in the theatre.
Capek. Robota is work in slavic. Kraftwerk were fascinated by the concept. ''Ya tvoi sluga, ya tvoi rabotnik.'' Their famous robots synthesis theme. I am your slave, I am your worker. That is Russian.
Old 8th December 2010, 04:48 PM   #1996
PMA is offline PMA  Europe
diyAudio Member

Joachim, in case you mean High End Prague 2011
High End Praha 2010 - Výstava špičkové audiovizuální techniky
19 - 20 February 2011, we must definitely meet there. Let's exchange e-mails when the exhibition start is approaching.

Best,
Old 8th December 2010, 04:52 PM   #1997
diyAudio Member

Thanks Salas, know i know the origin for sure.
Pavel, yes, that is the show i was invited too. Good chance i will be there.
Old 8th December 2010, 04:55 PM   #1998
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Salas, Mr.Vogels motivation comes from watching professional musiciance really goig crazy on tube equipment right now even in the recording studio. The noise they capture is then filtered out digitally in the last stage of mastering. Is´nt that amasing?
If you have listened to a Manley VoxBox mic pre (near to what tech is needed for a phono) VS the perfect spec OA mic input channels of the desks, you would know why. I have made comparisons with my own voice on a Neumann with the Manley, & Avalon tube mic preamps, and the Tascam digital desk on pro tools.
Old 8th December 2010, 04:57 PM   #1999
diyAudio Member

Pavel, Mr.Venhuda did a good job, i can even understand some content of that webpage.
When i was still the CEO of Audio Physic one of my best female workers was a Chech too.
Her name is Monika Miadok and she maried our shipping manager.
Old 8th December 2010, 04:57 PM   #2000
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Salas, know i know the origin for sure.
Pavel, yes, that is the show i was invited too. Good chance i will be there.
Capek was Czech indeed. He thought of it drawing from the common Slavic root.

Hide this!Advertise here!