MPP

Ricardo, for this kind of project i usually use Wima FKP1 2,5%. They are PP film and foil.
Very good and inexpensive. When you parallel them you get even closer tolerance because they even out (Douglas Self). For example you can use 4 x 10nF plus 470pF plus 330pF.
You can also use 6,8nF everywhere : 2 x 6,8nF = 13,6nF and 6 x 6,8nF = 40,8nF.

Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Regarding the Riaa caps, I see 2 x 20.4nF and 2 x 6.8nF

The 6.8 value (6800pf) is easy to find and my 1st choice would be Relcaps RTE - Polystyrene Film & Tin Foil, but 20.4 .... Can not find it anywhere.

HiRicardo,

my first approach was to put place for two caps so people could select and put whatever they want in parallel.... anyway, the choice right now is to put Wima FKP1 so I will change the footprint to that, should fit most others anyway.
what is the size and grid spacing of your caps, just curious?

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I think Hesener should do the choice. He may have some experience.

Hi,
we buy a lot of prototype PCBs from various vendors in our (company) lab, mostly local, and the differences are small. Have good experience with a czech company

PRINTED s.r.o. - Homepage

and the quality is good, cost is low, and service is excellent (their sanity check did find a few hiccups.... yes it happens ;-))

Will get quotes from PCBCART and the Printed and report back.... since last night, 90% of the routing done.... will have to attack a few difficult cases and the ground planes now.....