MPP

Post 3152. Pin 2 is ground, Pin 1 and Pin 3 are supplied with 3kOhm current limit resistors.
Both channels go into the positive sides of the opamps. After studying this i think my circuit will work.
Flavio is recommending to supply the cartridge from batteries for safety. See my modified circuit if you want to do that. Maybe over the weekend i find the time to modify the Gilmore EQ.

Attachments

• Strain Gauge Phono Simple Battery.TSC - TINA.pdf
    7.4 KB · Views: 126
  • attachment.php 640 × 480 Pixel.JPG
    attachment.php 640 × 480 Pixel.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 441
Yes, that equalizer will work with some modifications. Just shift the midrange EQ to 3kHz,
the bass EQ a little deeper and the treble EQ up to over 10kHz. As far as i can tell you should only change the values of the caps. So in the midrange you should use 1/3rd of the value that is given for example. Just put this circuit behind my input stage. You can take even out the inverter but then you have to revers your speakers.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
yes, it was a quasi-tangential arm and it was great! mood was great too, except my own little frustration, having fried the motor of the EMT928 i wanted to participate with in the shootout, so i arrived without it and without the starless (because i tried to fix the table), but its almost done. more later.....

I am very curious how the Starless sounds against the FPS. The circuits could not be different. Yes, Frank is the champion. He comes up with miraculous things. I am very happy that there is such life in vinyl. For tomorrow i plan a listening session with the Tanzmusik. The EQ has already proven to be a good thing. It is amazing how different records can sound when you make small changes to the frequency response. I used a Cello Palette for some time so i know what can be pushed out of unassuming recordings.

In the active 3 way Baxandall resistors R1, R2 are much too high for my taste. They add a lot of noise. I think 10k is better.
When you do not change component values of the EQ stage you can mimic RIAA by fully advancing the bass EQ and fully pushing down the treble EQ, mid EQ in middle position.
A simple linear low noise amp in front of it would give you much of what the Tanzmusik can do. The first inverter stage could be redesigned as a Phono Clone and then you are done. A variable RIAA phono stage.