MPP

You lucky rich guys make me really jealous.
I am fiddlin' with a Dl103 on a INA103 Mopped...
And its not really bad.
This makes me feelin good,
but,
then i have to read whitch effords you guys get
with the expensive gear of yours....:eek:
This is why i 'm reading threads like this.
Go for the Grail !

Benedetto, actually most of the equipment i use i have designed and build myself or it was given to me from manufacturers in exchange for work i did for them. I could not afford my current system if i had to buy it now ready made with my big house to care for and my 18year old son consuming a lot of patients and money. Actually the DL103 and the INA103 are not bad at all. What you can do to the Denon is mainly mechanical. That plastic case is not that good but the generator and needle is of excellent quality.

Pick up the pieces ....

Attachments

• Giardinera PSU-RIAA.jpg
    Giardinera PSU-RIAA.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 392
  • Giardinera Pre-pre input 1.jpg
    Giardinera Pre-pre input 1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 388
  • Giardinera Pre-pre input 2.jpg
    Giardinera Pre-pre input 2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 384
Jacko, hope to see you at ETF. I say hello to Martina. We miss you too. I would like to be in San Francisco too. Actually i am quite often there. I am designing speakers and electronics for Spiral Grove - Canalis in Berkeley. I also visit Siegfried Linkwitz a lot.
Jose and Ricardo. I use FMs mostly in PSUs. I also use FC when i cam not find the right value. Sometimes it must by a Nichicon Muse or Elna Silmic2. There is a company in Germany called Frolyt that also makes good elcaps. They have a bipolar series for audio.
Check out the website.

I found an interesting circuit by JC Morrison that is a Fet-Tube folded cascode. It can be used as an input stage for an MC pre-pre. He claims that it sounds better ( less Hifi, better for classical ) then a series Fet-tube cascode ( Arthur Loesch circuit for example ). He reasons that the idle current can be set more optimally and independently in the Fets and the tubes. Running a series Fet-Tube cascode on 35mA would certainly cause some trouble and lots of heat. With 200V that would burn 7W.

Attachments

• hybrid-folded-cascode.gif
    hybrid-folded-cascode.gif
    164.1 KB · Views: 380