MPP

How did you modify the Soundcard ?
OPA1612s are risponsible for the results. See the "before/after" details in excelsheet.

Does the Hagerman implement the Neumann "pole" and is this the reason for the rising response towards 20kHz ?
I don't know. May be I left a related jumpers in wrong position. Or 100R output impedance of souncard instead of expected 50R could couse it?

Attachments

• E-MU_1212m.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 89
have you ?

Pretty parts and construction, but as exciting as a Lexus.
Given the choice between 16 parallel parts or INA/AD797, i'd sooner pick a BB & AD Käfer Klirraudio (© Herr Löesch) balanced-ref for less than half the C27 cost.

Goes for all AccuPhase gear, long time ago i was rather impressed by the P102 balanced power amp till audit time. Deliberate market choice by the Yokohama brand, i assume, no thrills and no surprises.

(i loathe horns and anything fullrange high efficiency, had a ball at ETF :clown: , pretty S/N numbers for moving coil are not on the top of my list)

I do need a cell phone with prettier pixels.

Attachments

• Foto's-0019.jpg
    Foto's-0019.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:
Mzperx, you choose to not disclose your circuit, neather on the phono, nor on the soundcard modification. That´s fine for me but i can not comment any more detailed that way.
Joachim, I'm sorry but I didn't plan to put the whole schematic here.
Regarding the soundcard modification as I already wrote that the significant improvement was achieved by changing of the opamps to OPA1612. In noise respects virgin E-MU1212m is good as is, but the distortion can be reduced well.
You can find further details here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/107643-e-mu-1212m-sound-card-thread.html