MPP

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Dear Joachim

As long as you allow your enthusiasm to push you forward *(PS), you can keep us hanging on

YouTube - Vanilla Fudge - You Keep Me Hangin' On

Regards
George

*(PS)In a classic Plato’s analogy, the human soul is but a hourse car with a driver steering two horses, one black and one white. The black one is our “dark” desires (Dionysus). The white one is our refined motivations (Apollo). The car driver who is steering the horses is our logic.

The verdict here is that the horses are always in front of the car.

Attachments

• TuS.jpg
    TuS.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 497
For the record:

I build the circuit posted here.
I use it as a prepre for my ADC and do the riaa thing in sox, a sound effect and filter software for linux. The riaa filter is a IIR-Filter set, which has the same phase response as an analog riaa would have if it where perfect.

I never had such success, soundwise. Unbelievable.

It is very accurat in the mids and fast&firm in the bass. Sweet.

Rüdiger

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I don't think the single ended input stage followed by an op-amp is new as shown by Jochaim and Syn08. As a number of people have noted, this topology goes back many years (into the 90's and maybe earlier). Taking an existing idea and developing it further, or simplifying it is all part of engineering and progress. Is Bob Cordell a rip- off artist because he dares to publish a blameless type design without bowing and scraping to Doug Self? Did Douglas Self 'steal' the Lin topology and rebrand it the 'blameless'? Where do do you start and stop? Jochaim's circuit in my view is absolutely not a rip-off. Period.

I think Syn08 is a great engineer, but on this one he is way off the mark I am afraid. Unless you are prepared to actually patent something, I am afraid you cannot get upset over circuit similarities like this - it happens ALL the time in the electronics industry. If you absolutely do not want anyone to do anything similar then don't pusblish your efforts - its that simple.

Having said that, what really does **** me off is when you publish a circuit and PCB layouts and 2 weeks later it pop's up on ebay courtesy of some guy in a shed on the other side of the planet. Now that's something to get upset about. And what can you do about it? Pretty much nothing unless you are a big corporation with deep pockets.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
By 1975 Mike Wright of Dayton Wright had developed a discreet, bootstrapped cascode differential input stage with a constant current source as an phono input stage which fed a UA749 op amp which also had a feedforward transistor
picking up it's signal at the opamp's compensation pin to extend the class A operating point.