rewiring the lenco tonearm - AAAAAgh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have pulled, prodded and prayed - but I can't seem to open up the end of this tone arm to fit my new wire. Any ideas - I dont want to end up with it bent or in pieces. It seems to be housed on the end with some shim, and I'm guessing that a thread would be out of the question, do I just whack it harder? Any help much appreciated. \\\\\\\\\\\;0

Attachments

• lenco 3.jpg
    lenco 3.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 346
Sorry for Hijacking your post here as well Lorien (as I did on Vinylengine). But I am having the EXACT same issue... I really want to re-wire my original Lenco 75 arm before I get some cash to upgrade to a Linn or Rega arm. But I'm stuck just as you are and can't remove that damn headshell connector from the tonearm. Please let me know if you have any success!

Cheerios

When I was into Lenco's I rewired a couple of these arms. From memory the headshell connector is a very tight force-fit onto the arm-tube. I successfully removed it by clamping the headshell connector in a vice (wrapped cloth round the headshell connector to help protect it) and then gently rocking the arm to break the seal. Once it starts moving it was fairly easy to just wiggle the arm-tube free.

Hope this is of some help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.