DIY Speed Regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently bought a Pro-Ject RPM 5 and I was considering the Speedbox II (it costs about 100 Euro).

I noticed that these companies (in order to save the last penny) deliver these turntables with very small wall warts. With the RPM came an 8 Watt adapter, with the previous Pro-Ject 1.2 came a 4 Watt wall wart, which was working so hard to deliver the 3 Watt power consumption of the motor, that often the auto-stop would break off the in the middle of a record. :mad:
This problem was solved when I bought a beefier (20 Watt) wall wart for 10 Euro. :spin:

I guess the Speedbox II will also be built with this pennywise mentality. The Speedbox SE seems to be better built, buit then it costs over 300 Euro :eek:

Does any know of a design for a DIY speedbox? I would love to build a beefy one with quality parts, but I have no idea of suitable schematic....:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.