Build your own tonearm headshell

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
titanium headshell

hi bulgin,
You love "exotique" materials, I respect your high tech lux concept.
FYI,
I used only "ordinary" (dur) Alu tube dia 10mm and with a inside inner bar (dur) Alu dia 8mm (non magnetic).
For the alu bar 8mm; with a fine file (zoete vijl) bring it "perfect" on 1/2 dia (for a old mech ingineer with ordinary tools no problem ).
I use (2) brassing (Cu) screws (non magnetic).
Allez, salukes en vriendelijke groeten,
Karel

Attachments

• t988.jpg
    t988.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 565
This seems really simple and effective.
It's a unipivot by Consonance.

http://www.opera-consonance.com/products/tonearm/T988_T1288.htm

kffern

WOW! That is such a simple design and very usable across different types of turntables.

It has me thinking :bulb: about trying to adopt this type of headshell for older Dual turntables because a new Dual headshell costs about $30-$40 and I just can't see spending that much $$$ to have multiple cartridges to change in and out on my Dual 510.

The Consonace arm looks pretty nice and I wonder why there isn't any USA distributors? :confused: But I do see Grant Fidelity (Canada) has this available on their online catalog. Pre-order the LP6.1 for only $940 - doesn't look like a bad deal for a very decent TT.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.