Can anyone identify this tonearm?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can't .

at least not before I see a pic ;)

:) HE hee hee! :)

Have you not seen my sig line: " Can't get right!"

Here are the pics:)

Attachments

• Armone.jpg
    Armone.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 373
  • Armtwo.jpg
    Armtwo.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 357
More pics...

Dont know, but reminds me of MicroSeiki
Looks big, is it a 12"

Maybe that antiscating arrangement could indentify it

It is 10" from end to end (straight line).

Here are some more pics, I sure hope someone can figure it out! :)

Attachments

• IMG_3329_opt.jpg
    IMG_3329_opt.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_3331_opt.jpg
    IMG_3331_opt.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_3333_opt.jpg
    IMG_3333_opt.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_3335_opt.jpg
    IMG_3335_opt.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_3336_opt.jpg
    IMG_3336_opt.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 176
I would say that it was probably the original arm which came on the turntable. THe TT has a satin finish and the arm is clearly mounted in the original location. Most domestic TT makers bought in arms from firms such as Jelco and only few TTs were sold - usually high end - without a factory arm. Who made the TT?
I agree that it has a look of a Micro Seiki and the drop arm bias does show that it was better than most basic arms in terms of design.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
this is the tonearm that came from the Kenwood KD-550 turntable

DirectDriver is right.

Most tonearms, subassemblies, and a lot of TTs sold by Japanese companies all came out of the same factory (CEC). They often have a lot of similarities, but it was important that there was something that set it apart cosmetically from other brands.

Look at the platform that holds the cueing & lift mechanism. That is give-away enuff. Need more. Look at the anti-skating.

The KD-500 was the only DD that i ever actually paid money for. Mine had a Grace 707.

dave

Attachments

• kenwood-KD550-tonearm.jpg
    kenwood-KD550-tonearm.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 190
N matter where it came from or who manufactured the tonearm, it's beautiful.

And my guess while aseeing the picture the first time was some kind of japanese. I was going to say Akai sorry, Pioneer because the counterweight looks like the one on my PL-12D turntable. But the rest looks lightyears ahead.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.