Mission 774 tonearm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you for your reply, would you know what type of thread is used. I have tried metric bolts and they will not screw in, Some one did mention that they could be one of the american threads. regards Peter

It is a long time since I had one but these were most likely either AF or even BA thread. They are not metric, that I do remember. It was a good arm with high compliance cartridges such as the ADC 26 and 10EMkIV.

Mission 774 Headshell threads

On my mission 774 (which I believe is virgin) the headshell blocks threads ARE
metric: 2.5 x 8 for the bolts. When I purchased it it had cut down original bolts in use that were not long enough for my Grace Ruby. I took the original bolt to my (Large) Ace hardware store that had a selection of metric bolts and one fit, groove for groove. I got the new ones home and they worked like a charm (note: slot head not socket head but who cares). Hope this helps someone.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.