Advice needed Technics Sl-15 cover removal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear forum members,
I'm presently confronted with a problem that I hope you might be
able to supply me with some advice for.
It concerns the removal procedure for the upper cover inside the
lid.
On page 10 of the Service Manual it states that, in order to be able to remove the inside cover, the upper (delicate perspex) cover has to be removed first.
To do this, one is advised to use a screwdriver as to pry the dark
perspex strip loose from it's seat. then you can get to the retaining screws and remove the "dust cover".
HOWEVER..! There is practically zero space between the upper
lid casting and the strip that has to be pried out! If you'd use a screwdriver there, it would certainly leave it's marks on the
lid next to the recessed area of the strip at which point I feel I have ruined the set. Please look at the instructions on page 10 of the SL-15 manual that is available on the forum. does anyone have an idea as how to do this without any damage to the strip and the lid?

Rob.

Thank you for this advice.
Actually I have found that with a little perseverence it is possible
to get the cover off without opening the top perspex plate.
But also, the retentive power of what looked like a dark perspex
strip is only slight and the strip itself is in fact only a thin flexible tape-like cover that looks massive but is'nt.
I found this out while visiting somebody who was doing some repair work on a similar unit! So that gave me the opportunity
to see what it all entailed without molesting my own unit...
Thanks for your interest,
Rob.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.