linear air bearings sources ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1st just want to mention that although i am a diy'er, I am a layman so excuse my terminology etc.
Totally intrigued by the air bearing tone arms, I have been spending way too much time looking into them. Came across some manufacturers of air bearings of course and my mind went nuts with the possibilities - I have never looked, so i never knew half of the stuff they make was available.
Things I have found most interesting at the moment are the linear air bearings, to include linear slides, like the New Way boxslide for example. But even the more traditional air bearing bushings intrigue me.
Thinking I have hit the jackpot (which i have no doubt everyone here has been familiar with for a long time), I started looking around but it seems these are manufactured more for industrial and manufacturing use.
I can not seem to find anywhere that actually sells individual bearings, most want you to ask for a quote etc.
From what i can find, the slides seem as tho they will be cost prohibitive, but would love to find a site that actually sells air bearings to the general public....
does anyone happen to know anyone who does this?
I would LOVE to find a few links of places who sell individual linear air bearings of all types to the general public....
any link would be GREATLY appreciated.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.