DIY turntable using parts from DIY Hi Fi Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DIY turntable using DIY HiFi Supply parts

To Dadod, thanks for your reply. What motor came with your kit? Was it a synchronous motor or a DC motor? DIY HiFi Supply currently does not have the bearing, so I'm waiting to see if they get it in stock. What are you using for a tonearm ? (Rega?) Any advise is greatly appreciated. Regards, Robert

Have you used it?

Hi,
I see now that they have the bearing available. I wrote them an email, and they said that the bearing is much improved compared to the original BIX one, which the sold.
Did you buy it and can give me your opinion? the price is not that high, but I don't want to work hard just to find out that the beairing is noisy or so.

Thanks,
Yaki

Yaki, I did not order the turntable parts from DIY HiFi Supply. I had sent them a follow up email inquiring why the individual prices for the motor, housing and speed controller were less than the price for the complete unit. I asked if they were the same motor, but they never replied. I ended up buying a used Thorens TD126 MkIII for $425.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.