Turntable Flocking

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently acquired a vintage three speed suitcase record player in good mechanical condition that I plan to restore for use with my small collection of 45s. The turntable platter is covered with a velvety fuzz that I have seen referred to elsewhere as "flocking." It is intact, but stained. I would like to know if anyone has any ideas for making this more presentable without damaging the coating. I would be open to any cleaning, bleaching, or dying suggestions. I am not particular about the final color, I would just like for it to have a more uniform appearance.

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Nick..reflocking kits...

well I thought you had wanted to "restore" it. If the flocking has no mold or lildew, and is "clean" but faded, then I would just try cleaning with a {b]very[/B] soft brush, or a dry type carpet cleaner (or even baking soda sprinkled on , allowed to sit and lightly vacuumed off).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.